Help support TMP

"Dutch Belgian Horse Artillery. PERRY Miniatures" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Historical Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Australian Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Gallery Message Board

714 hits since 13 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

trailape Supporting Member of TMP13 Nov 2012 3:37 a.m. PST

Hi Guys
I've uploaded some pictures of some Perry Miniatures Dutch Belgian Horse artillery I've based up for LASALLE:
link
Comments welcomed.

;)
Cheers
trailape.blogspot.com.au

summerfield13 Nov 2012 4:13 a.m. PST

Dear Trailape
I am pleased that you used the French AnXI 6-pdrs and not British block trails. The colour of the pieces is still a problem. It was not until after 1815 that the grey paint was used. The Netherlands artillery were still in shades of French Artillery Green (Khaki Green), Brown etc…

It is sensible on a wargame to have them a different colour to the French to avoid confusion due to the similarity.
Stephen

trailape Supporting Member of TMP13 Nov 2012 4:20 a.m. PST

Hi Stephen
I only recently became aware of the 'Gun Colour', but the paint was applied so, 'meh'.
;o)
I guess my gunners were just a tad pro-active.
:)
Cheers

Joe Fish Supporting Member of TMP13 Nov 2012 4:49 a.m. PST

Very nice job, good to see some one else doing the Dutch Belgians…such an interesting army.

summerfield13 Nov 2012 5:12 a.m. PST

Dear Trailope
The guns must have been issued from the garrison of Ostend or Mons and had "acquired" British Board of Ordnance paint. You know how gunners can be. Anything not nailed down is fair game. Officers like nice paintwork.

Stephen

trailape Supporting Member of TMP13 Nov 2012 5:19 a.m. PST

You know how gunners can be. Anything not nailed down is fair game. Officers like nice paintwork

Darn straight!
LOL!!
I recall coming back from a few 6 week field exercises' and washing down 5.5 Inch Guns at 0200hrs for a 0800hrs inspection before the Regiment could 'stand down'!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.