Help support TMP

"CY6! Road to Rabaul Released!" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Aviation Discussion Message Board

Action Log

09 Nov 2012 12:35 p.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Removed from WWII Aviation Battle Reports board
  • Removed from WWII Rules board

880 hits since 9 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

skirmishcampaigns Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2012 12:24 p.m. PST

picture

After two years of research, Pete English has released his second CY6 scenario book this one is focused on the battles between the Allies and Japanese in the drive on Rabaul, 1942-44.

More information can be found at:

skirmishcampaigns.com

Here is the text from the back cover:

Road To Rabaul is a scenario and campaign book for the popular CHECK YOUR 6! Air Combat and Campaign Rules. The book provides four campaigns and 24 scenarios under one cover. The first campaign (5 scenarios) follows the beginning of the Japanese air campaign against Darwin, Australia from February to June 1942. The second campaign, recreates the desperate defense of Port Moresby, New Guinea from March to August 1942 with 5 scenarios. The third campaign (7 scenarios) focuses on the 5th Air Force assault on Japanese bases along the north coast of New Guinea in 1943. The last 7 scenarios concentrate on the US Navy and Marine Corps attacks against Rabual. The book also features some of WWII's legendary aces including Thomas McGuire, Greg Boyington, George Welsh, Hiroyoshi Nishizawa, Shogo Takeuchi, Peter Turnbull and Les Jackson.

HISTORICAL RESEARCH: This book includes several introduction sections containing campaign historical background, plus a bibliography for further reading. A campaign map is included that displays campaign targets and airfield locations.

AIRCRAFT STATISTICS and CAMPAIGN INFORMATION: This book contains aircraft statistics for 18 Allied and Japanese aircraft in CHECK YOUR 6! format for use in the scenarios. The book also contains detailed notes and rare pictures of the various aircraft featured in the campaign.

CHECK YOUR 6! CAMPAIGN SYSTEM: This book includes a CHECK YOUR 6! campaign that allows the scenarios to be played individually, linked to form four mini-campaigns, or combined as one grand campaign.

redbanner4145 Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2012 1:16 p.m. PST

All my planes are from the other side of the world but I've played many of these scenarios during playtesting at cons. They are fun!

Dave Schmid Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2012 2:27 p.m. PST

Armaments In Miniature LLC reviewed a copy of CY6 "Road To Rabaul" for the aircraft listings. Available now in 1/200 scale from AIM LLC are the A6M2 Zero, A6M3 Hamp, G4M Betty, D3A Val, B5N Kate, Ki-43 Oscar, B-25C, SBD Dauntless, TBF Avenger. Available by the end of November will be the Ki-61 Tony, P-40E Kittyhawk/Warhawk, P-38D, B-24D, B-25J, F4U-1A birdcage Corsair, and F4U-1D bubble Corsair. Available in January will be the D4Y Judy, A6M5 Zero, P-38J and Hudson. This should cover all scenarios in the book and then some for you creative gamers.

brucka09 Nov 2012 2:37 p.m. PST

Looks great!
(…Midway?)

Personal logo Inari7 Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2012 3:13 p.m. PST

Looks like a great product, I have been very impressed with the Check your 6 products. That company is a class act.

Combat Colours Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2012 3:31 p.m. PST

Wow Dave, that's great news! Will have to put in a order or two in the near future.
AND the scenario book looks good too! :p

svsavory11 Nov 2012 8:21 a.m. PST

A friend picked up a copy for me at Fall In and I got it yesterday. It's another high quality CY6 book from Skirmish Campaigns. I can't wait to try the "Unabashed Cowards" scenario, in which three B-25 Mitchells fend off swarms of Oscars.

rivers316221 Nov 2012 11:57 p.m. PST

Does anyone know of any UK stockists?

fernworthy22 Nov 2012 5:13 a.m. PST

Bruka, I have posted a Midway Campaign book on the CY6 Yahoo groups site. The campaign is unplaytested. I believe each scenario is sound for stand-alone play. Three individual scenarios have been playtested and are sound.

Jemima Fawr24 Nov 2012 5:54 p.m. PST

Wot he said; is there a British stockist? I've looked at Caliver and the usual suspects, but can't find it listed anywhere yet.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.