Help support TMP

"Falaise Firestorm Released" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Scenarios Message Board

Action Log

09 Nov 2012 12:23 p.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Removed from WWII Battle Reports board
  • Removed from WWII Discussion board
  • Removed from WWII Rules board

692 hits since 9 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

skirmishcampaigns Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2012 12:20 p.m. PST

picture

After 2 years of work, Tim Tilson has released his detailed scenario book on the battles for the Falaise Pocket. It is Titled "Falaise Firestorm" and is available now from leading vendors.

More information is available at skirmishcampaigns.com

Here is the text from the back cover:

Skirmish Elite: Falaise Firestorm Normandy '44 is a complete book for recreating skirmish-level battles and campaigns centered on the fierce fighting to lock-down the Falaise Gap in August 1944. The book features the Allied 90th U.S. Infantry, 4th Canadian Armoured, and 1st Polish Armoured Divisions trying to prevent the escape of the German 2nd Panzer and 3rd Parachute Divisions. Simultaneously, the 2nd SS Panzer Division is attacking into the pocket to aid the escape. The book includes ten scenarios that can be played alone or together in three linked campaigns.

Maximum Replayability: the Skirmish Elite system features a realistic variable order of battle for each scenario, guaranteeing countless unique scenario and campaign replays.

Generic Order of Battle: this book also includes a unique generic order of battle listing that can be translated to any skirmish rule system.

Historical Research: this book contains a unit-by-unit day-by-day account of the chaotic fighting.

snodipous09 Nov 2012 2:24 p.m. PST

Are the scenarios in this book around the size of, say, the Red Devils book, or larger, more armour-oriented fights like in Monty's Epsom? I love the Skirmish Campaigns books, but it's much easier for me to stage smaller-scale battles than huge ones.

skirmishcampaigns Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2012 4:21 p.m. PST

The scenarios are a nice mix of the two. Usually no more than a few tanks in the ones with armor.

tuscaloosa09 Nov 2012 6:05 p.m. PST

Research and playtesting are thorough! It feels like we covered the Falaise Gap inch by inch, the past couple years through playtesting in northern Virginia. And Tim went to the Polish Army museum in Warsaw to get first-hand info on some of the Polish units.

bhall38910 Nov 2012 5:15 a.m. PST

I picked up a copy at Fall-In, I'm looking forward to playing the Canadian and Polish scenarios.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.