Help support TMP

"Thorn Heavy Industries Utility Carapace" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the 28mm Sci-Fi Message Board

Back to the Warhammer 40K Message Board

954 hits since 7 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Graven Games07 Nov 2012 10:47 a.m. PST

Hey all!

We've picked up another great model, the T.H.I Utility Carapace from Studio McVey. Its not a cheap model, but is very detailed and has a great look. It could also be a great base for a 40k converson, we've already been thinking of making our one into a tech-ogryn or some kind of heavy Tau battlesuit. We've taken loads of pictures of all the parts and written a guide on assembling this model which you can find here:

gravengames.co.uk/sedition-wars-utility-carapace-review

The weapon options:

Size comparison with a 40k terminator:

Check out the article and let us know what you think. Is anyone already using one of these in their army or done any cool conversions with it? we'd love to see them if so! Another option we thought of is that it has a bit of a "squat" feel about it, so if anyone is doing a squat army for 40k, it could be worth looking into.

doublesix6607 Nov 2012 1:16 p.m. PST

Thanks for the pics they look really nice, I'm glad I got these in the Kickstater as they were a lot cheaper than you've paid (sorry)

Personal logo BigNickR Supporting Member of TMP07 Nov 2012 3:16 p.m. PST

Yeah, I can't WAIT for my kickstarter to come!

dwartist07 Nov 2012 3:29 p.m. PST

wip here…
TMP link

doublesix6608 Nov 2012 7:00 a.m. PST

noo dwartist why did you have to put that link up I depressed now mine wont look that good I would have been in ignorant bliss thinking mine were good after I'd painting them :0

Graven Games10 Nov 2012 2:41 a.m. PST

Lovely painting there Dwartist! Thanks for the comments guys, yes we're jealous of you guys getting your one at bargain price via kickstarter!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.