Help support TMP

"Another battle in the North Sea - Naval Thunder" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Naval Gaming 1898-1929 Message Board

Back to the Early 20th Century Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the British Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

687 hits since 4 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo scrivs Supporting Member of TMP04 Nov 2012 6:01 a.m. PST

I have been a bit lax in updating the blog of late. Here is a report of another World War One naval game that Steve and I played a couple of weeks ago using the Naval Thunder Rules.

picture

The after action report can be found on the Scrivsland Blog: link

CampyF04 Nov 2012 10:26 a.m. PST

Nice report, with a good feel for the back and forth of battles. If I were the Germans, with a crippled battle cruiser, I would be worried about what else might be lurking in the mist. Break off while you are ahead. Of course, that's something a wargamer never does ;-).

Personal logo Texas Jack Supporting Member of TMP04 Nov 2012 12:37 p.m. PST

Good Lord, what was it for the RN, Old FolksīDay Out? Ancient armored cruisers and pre-dreads, what a formidable fleet! Still, the old fellows certainly didnīt embarrass themselves. Fun report!

Personal logo scrivs Supporting Member of TMP05 Nov 2012 10:41 a.m. PST

The Royal Navy squadrons were supposed to represent those based as Rosyth etc. trying to sacrifice themselves to slow down the German squadrons so that the heavy units of the Grand Fleet could get involved.

TheDreadnought Sponsoring Member of TMP Inactive Member05 Nov 2012 11:49 a.m. PST

Sounds like a fun time was had by all! Thanks for sharing!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.