Help support TMP

"The Horus Heresy, Book One: Betrayal " Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Media Message Board

631 hits since 2 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP03 Nov 2012 9:05 p.m. PST

Of possible interest.

picture

See here
flylords.net

Anybody had buyed that book?
If the answer is yes, it's really fantastic?

Amicalement
Armand

ancientsgamer Supporting Member of TMP04 Nov 2012 7:26 a.m. PST

I don't know how many of the series are in print but I am reading one in the series now. The book is good so far. Luckily, my local library seems to have quite a few of these :-) As I like the 40K fluff, not sure of the appeal beyond those that like 40K is. I would say if you like 40K, you will love the series. I have some of the Space Marine Omnibus collections and enjoy reading them.

Generalstoner49 Supporting Member of TMP04 Nov 2012 8:14 a.m. PST

Yes I own the book and it is fantastic. It starts to begin giving us rules even for the Adeptus Mechanicus, not a full list, but something that will be added in later books.

The story is great as it focuses right down on the battle and gives you an even more indepth look than the earlier HH novels.

It is also no surprise to find the HH novels on the shelves at the Library, not all of them but several including the 1st through the 3rd were NY Times best sellers as were a few after.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP04 Nov 2012 10:56 a.m. PST

Thanks for your guidance boys!.

Amicalement
Armand

Marcus Maximus04 Nov 2012 12:51 p.m. PST

£70.00 GBP is rather steep for a book that is pretty but I dare say of little real substance when I can get all 3 volumes of Gill's 1809 trilogy. Now don't get me wrong here, I like the Forgeworld literature particularly the previous Books 3 to 11 of various Imperial Forces vs aliens on different worlds, however, even in those books there was true detail lacking, and IMHO they came across restrained on the rules which was a real shame. This is too costly for me to even consider, I can think of a whole dozen books or Perry Minis I could purchase if I had that sort of money spare……

But if someone does purchase could they come back on here and give a more detailed review? That would be greatly appreciated.

Personal logo McWong73 Supporting Member of TMP04 Nov 2012 5:06 p.m. PST

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't played any 40k, but had a collection back in the Rogue Trader days (and have a mess of the Assault on Black Reach kit for my kids to muck around with). Played some Epic back in the day however, and for nostalgia's sake I may pick this up. I'd be more interested in this than the various fan fic books that GW released.

Andrew Preziosi05 Nov 2012 12:57 p.m. PST

70.00 GBP is rather steep for a book that is pretty but I dare say of little real substance when I can get all 3 volumes of Gill's 1809 trilogy.

Agreed! I have the entire HH novel series (of which, five at least can be tossed right out since they have NO bearing on the events).

I have Gill, but I'm saving up for Volumes 4 & 5 (and possible #3) of Armies of the French Revolution and maybe a few books from Nafziger, so…as much as I enjoy the HH series, I'm not about to shell out big bucks for this effort.

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP25 Dec 2012 3:52 p.m. PST

I took 2 years off from the series but started back up this week with "Know No Fear".

Dan Abnett seems to write the best books.

As to "Betrayal", maybe after the new year.

;-)

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.