Help support TMP

"Native american civilians?" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to The Old West Message Board

639 hits since 3 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

PF 2009 Inactive Member03 Nov 2012 3:52 a.m. PST

Hello,

Where could I get 28 mm minis for native american civilians please? Squaws, children but also old shamans, bisons, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andoreth03 Nov 2012 4:43 a.m. PST

Dixons Miniatures do squaws, children and scrawny dogs in the Plains War line and a variety of buffalo and even a buffalo skull in their Old West line. The figures are numbered as they were produced so it is necessary to scroll down the list to find all the suitable types.

solosam Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member03 Nov 2012 4:49 a.m. PST
79thPA Supporting Member of TMP03 Nov 2012 6:44 a.m. PST

RAFM makes a chiefs and medicine men/shamans pack in both their Plains and F&IW ranges. Note that RAFM are older 25s, so they are actually 25s.

PF 2009 Inactive Member03 Nov 2012 7:36 a.m. PST

Thanks for the links!
All my apologies for saying "squaws". I'm told it might sound offensive to some people and I really had no idea.

War In 15MM03 Nov 2012 8:06 a.m. PST

For Plains Indians Old Glory 25s makes an Indian villager pack.

Conquest Miniatures03 Nov 2012 9:32 a.m. PST

No Offense taken PF 2009. I say White Devil all the time in casual conversation.

J/K

:-D

-Eric

Athelwulf Inactive Member03 Nov 2012 12:06 p.m. PST

saw some plastics at Michael's yesterday that might help a bit if you have one close.

CooperSteveOnTheLaptop23 Nov 2012 2:25 p.m. PST

Irregular for apache civs. Foundry have a few women but you have to buy other packs to get one woman in. Look in the Mountain Men range. Foundry's Mexican women are quite easy to convert to Apaches if you are handy with putty.

CooperSteveOnTheLaptop23 Nov 2012 2:27 p.m. PST

LotOW uses the expression 'berdache'. When you look at the etymology of the word it's really inappropriate, the term 'two-spirits' works much better.

Anton Ryzbak23 Nov 2012 3:43 p.m. PST

Pegasus does a batch of California Mission Indians in a couple of sizes, hard plastic and relatively cheap.

CooperSteveOnTheLaptop05 Dec 2012 8:58 a.m. PST

CP Models is about to release 3 of my sculpts. One is a Plains Indian maiden. Keep any eye on the website, she'll be out soon.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.