Help support TMP

"Darkest Star Games is now open!" Topic

21 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to The Industry Message Board

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

840 hits since 1 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Darkest Star Games Sponsoring Member of TMP01 Nov 2012 4:23 p.m. PST

Fellow gamers:

We are pleased to announce that Darkest Star Games LLC is now open for business!

link

Darkest Star Games recently purchased the former Adler "Dark Star" 6mm sci-fi range, which we will be continuing to add to as well as bringing many (if not all) of the designs into 15mm size.

We also carry our own fledgling "Colony-15" 15mm sci-fi range, and will soon be adding a few more new ranges currently under development.

As a Grand Opening special we are currently offering FREE SHIPPING for a limited time.

So drop on by for a gander and let us know what you think. We would love to hear from you!

Thank you for your support,
Darkest Star Games LLC

Chief Lackey Rich Supporting Member of TMP Fezian01 Nov 2012 4:31 p.m. PST

15mm scifi figs sculpted by Bob Naismith? And there are xeno-cavalry? Outstanding!

wolfgangbrooks01 Nov 2012 4:35 p.m. PST

Hope it goes well for you. I would suggest making up some some small and large army deals for the Adler stuff.

Mako1101 Nov 2012 5:09 p.m. PST

Hmmm, an interesting development.

Are some of the Dark Star minis upgraded a bit, with additional detailing on them, e.g. like FD1?

Not sure, since it is hard to tell from the old ones, but I thought it looked like a few had some additional minor surface detailing I don't recall seeing in the originals, e.g vent detailing, etc. Then again, perhaps it is just due to the larger pics, that I hadn't been able to see them on the smaller ones before.

Really looking forward to the Fed and Ventauran Grav Tanks and IFVs in 15mm, especially FD1 3, and VT1-2, and VT8 10. Always thought that would be a good idea.

Darkest Star Games Sponsoring Member of TMP01 Nov 2012 5:32 p.m. PST

Thank you sirs!

@Wolfgangbrooks: we will indeed be making some army packs, with the contents depending upon what becomes popular or perhaps for a/some particular game system(s).

@Mako11: some of the models have indeed been upgraded. Mr. Loch had been adding some detail in preparation for making new molds before he decided to sell the range. I have some of the older models and the new ones fit in perfectly with them, as well as being more aesthetically pleasing!

We will be leaking pictures of the development of the 15mm lines and the u-sizing of the Dark Star models on the blog as things continue to develop!

Stay tuned!

Personal logo CPBelt Supporting Member of TMP01 Nov 2012 5:51 p.m. PST

Are the "coming soon" darstar models available now, like the infantry? BTW Adler still has their dark star page and gallery up for comparison. Thank you for better and larger pics of the models! They really help.

Mako1101 Nov 2012 6:38 p.m. PST

Yep, love the nice, large, photos on the website.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of them posted soon.

Any rough ETA on the 15mm vehicles?

I know that can be hard to pin down sometimes, but even a rough estimate would be appreciated.

I could use some more high-tech models for opponents to my Topgun range.

earthad Supporting Member of TMP01 Nov 2012 6:42 p.m. PST

Great! Im glad those alder models went to a good home. I love that range! The 15mm look great too!

Darkest Star Games Sponsoring Member of TMP01 Nov 2012 6:51 p.m. PST

@CPBelt: THey are available now (or will be as of tomorrow when I pickup the remainder of my order from the casters before noon). Pictures for everything will be up by mid week at the latest.

@Mako11: It is truly hard to say! It all depends upon how quickly I can complete some some commissions for some other sellers, and how quickly I can get castings after they are printed and cleaned up. I am predicting that perhaps by mid December the first one or two will become available. I really dig your sci-fi line as well, and have a couple of the slick versions that I've used for Traveller games. Good stuff!

@earthad: Many thanks! I love the range too, which is why I snapped it up. even better: I have retained Mr. Loch as the 6mm designer! Can't get any better than that!

John Leahy Sponsoring Member of TMP01 Nov 2012 6:58 p.m. PST

Did the number of figs per 6mm pack get cut?

Thanks,

John

Mako1101 Nov 2012 8:23 p.m. PST

Excellent news on the 15mm side of things, as well as retaining the designer too.

Glad you like the Topgun models.

Mine were inspired by the Traveller, Dark Star, GZG, and other various Sci-Fi vehicle ranges out there.

Personal logo McWong73 Supporting Member of TMP01 Nov 2012 8:54 p.m. PST

Panzer Dawn? I'm intrigued!

larskyler Inactive Member01 Nov 2012 9:48 p.m. PST

Glad to see this range back. Great job on getting some good photos of the minis.

Darkest Star Games Sponsoring Member of TMP02 Nov 2012 7:00 a.m. PST

Thank you!

@JL: I reduced the figure count for the Infantry due to the new mold configuration, though I may revise that. The vehicles were made 3 packs so they would be more affordable, as well as having heard that the larger vehicle packs were possibly putting off some customers.

(Jake Collins of NZ 2) Inactive Member02 Nov 2012 12:43 p.m. PST

Thanks for keeping this line alive.

I assume the 15mm prices will be competitive to rebel minis, etc?

Covert Walrus02 Nov 2012 4:16 p.m. PST

And I thought the survival of JR MIniatures wa the best news this week – Splendid stuff! Hoping to grab some items for my UNSC forces at least :)

Personal logo Gokiburi Supporting Member of TMP02 Nov 2012 4:48 p.m. PST

I'm interested in the Khiff infantry, but I can't seem to find an image of them anywhere.

I assume that they're similar to the denizen ones, (except in hardsuits) but I've also heard them compared to eldar, which is somewhat confusing.
What do they actually look like?

Darkest Star Games Sponsoring Member of TMP02 Nov 2012 6:23 p.m. PST

Pricing of the 15mm Dark Star is yet to be determined, as the figures have yet to be sculpted and the vehicles have yet to be printed (several are in various states of completion). Rest assured that prices will be competitive and affordable.

The 6mm Khiff look like, er… dogs in hard suits (tails and all), for lack of a better description. All pictures will be up by Monday morning, so hopefully you will be able to get a looksie by then.

Mako1102 Nov 2012 6:34 p.m. PST

Their Khiff figs are nice, as are the vehicles.

The Real Chris04 Nov 2012 8:59 p.m. PST

Great, bookmarked…

Space Monkey21 Nov 2012 4:27 p.m. PST

I nearly missed hearing about this… great news!
Much better photos too!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.