Help support TMP

"Kiestermacher's Triumph! A 20mm Warmaster AAR" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Fantasy Gallery Message Board

Back to the Fantasy Battle Reports Message Board

374 hits since 19 Oct 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

RoyalWelchFusilier Inactive Member19 Oct 2012 1:11 p.m. PST

Greetings All,
Played our "annual" 20mm Warmaster Halloween game today. Please feel free to stop by and have a look. Lots of eye-candy!
Steve

link

John Leahy Sponsoring Member of TMP19 Oct 2012 1:40 p.m. PST

Wow, that was cool! I am a huge fan of 1/72 scale figs. However, I haven't dipped into fantasy at that scale. I own way too many 15mm and 28mm figs already. However your game sure does make it tempting!

Thanks,

John

RoyalWelchFusilier Inactive Member19 Oct 2012 2:15 p.m. PST

Thanks for commenting, John. I have a blast painting these 1:72 guys. I started these 20mm Warmaster forces up as the result of a dare that I couldn't put together a respectable Warmaster Army using only plastics. I think they have a great, animated look to them on the table and I can afford hordes and hordes of them! I can't say that about all my 15mm troops…

John Leahy Sponsoring Member of TMP19 Oct 2012 4:25 p.m. PST

Yeah, I admit I never thought about doing Warmaster in 20mm. That's certainly an oversight on my part. Maybe I should see about getting some of those Orcs and Undead then Elves.

I believe that Rebel Miniatures makes 20mm Orcs too, IIRC.

Thanks,

John

RoyalWelchFusilier Inactive Member19 Oct 2012 5:43 p.m. PST

John,
I'm not sure about the metal market. There are some very decent metal orc castings in 15mm out there I believe. and if you wanted some good empire there are tons of Renaissance and War of the Roses or HYW troops available.

These are plastic Orcs from Caesar miniatures and Dark Star (??) I prefer the 20's because they're cheap and I can build alot of them for a low cost, as opposed to the metal side. I have alot of money invested in 6mm lead and 15mm lead so starting another metal genre just wasn't in the cards for me. Plus I have a "thing" for plastic toy soldiers. It's a throwback to my youth I guess.

John Leahy Sponsoring Member of TMP20 Oct 2012 7:18 a.m. PST

Hey, you're preaching to the choir! grin I have been buying and using plastics for 40 years. I use 1/72 for loads of stuff. Fantasy had until recently been a desert in 1/72 scale. That has changed. I figure that we'd see a lot more Fantasy gaming in 1/72 if so many guys hadn't already done it in 25mm, 28mm, 10mm, 15mm and 6mm. I think there probably is a minimum threshold in available sets that tends to draw more interest. Having a wide variety of races and infantry and Cavalry sets for each would attract many more folks. 1/72 just isn't really there yet for Fantasy gaming and I say that as a huge plastics fanboy. wink

Love your stuff though!

Thanks,

John

cooey2ph Supporting Member of TMP29 Oct 2012 5:26 p.m. PST

thumbs up to 20mm plastics! nice game!

cooey2ph Supporting Member of TMP29 Oct 2012 5:29 p.m. PST

btw, how do you base your regiments? Are you using 60mm front for each stand? 3 stabnds to a unit? thanks

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.