Help support TMP

"21st Century or Forces of Valor WWII sets worth anything?" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

Back to the Toy Gaming Discussion Message Board

727 hits since 15 Oct 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Wolfprophet15 Oct 2012 7:08 p.m. PST

Have quite a few of these, both infantry and armor. No pictures yet. They're taking up quite a bit of space and I was thinking of a way to get rid of them….

Then I remembered TMP has this nice Toy Gaming board. So, is there any interest in these? Does anyone game with them? They're out of package, some are little worn (Missing part here or there. Mostly cupola MGs.)I'll try to get some pictures of them as soon as I find all of them. They're all 1/35th scale I believe.

Thanks in advance.

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP15 Oct 2012 7:28 p.m. PST

They are 1/32. I imagine interest will depend on cost.

Wolfprophet15 Oct 2012 7:46 p.m. PST

Kinda looking for a rough idea of what people would pay for some. My goal is to get rid of them, not get top dollar. I'd rather see them go to a new home and get used, enjoyed, displayed or whatever instead of sitting in a box (Or rather, my bookshelf now) taking up space I need and not being enjoyed. grin

Johannes Brust Supporting Member of TMP15 Oct 2012 7:56 p.m. PST

We have a group of 20mm WW2 gamers here in Illinois that would be interested depending on cost. John

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP15 Oct 2012 8:04 p.m. PST

I sent you a PM.

rcbecker1 Inactive Member16 Oct 2012 8:40 p.m. PST

im interested, as stated based on cost or possible trades forsomething you need.

Wolfprophet18 Oct 2012 11:51 a.m. PST

Thanks for the responses. The definite list of what I have from myself and a buddy of mine is the following:
21st Century:
Panther G
SdkFz 222 armoured car
SdkFz 251/D halftrack
StuG IV (Slightly damaged. Doors on the engine decking were broken then super glued it seems and there's a little damage around the cupola.)
Panzer III F(In Afrika Korps colors.)
3 German infantry (One with Panzerfauts, one with a pistol and one with an SMG)

Most vehicles have their crew figures it seems.

Also from that company, a much larger scale Sherman. 1/16th perhaps? It's pretty huge and appears to have some minor damage, missing its .50 cal mount.

Forces of Valor:
StuG IIIG (In Italian campaign colors.)
Sherman (Not sure on the model but it's American colors and kit.)
Matilda
13 German infantry (6 LMGs. (For some odd reason?) 3 SMGs, 2 rifles and 2 assault rifles.)
10 U.S. Paratroopers (6 Garands, 2 Thompsons and 2 BARS.)

From the infantry sets there is tons of assorted urban terrain as well. Sandbags, barrels and broken walls.
There are some some extra bits like Panzerfausts and panzerschreks, jerry cans, panzerschrek shells, bazookas, a couple signposts and a pair of ground mount .50cals.

There are obviously a couple of missing Germans since the infantry sets were 5 guys each.

Admittedly too, compared to the 21st century figures, the FoV infantry look…..well, "cartoony" is the nicest way to put it. Whoever designed them should be beaten(preferably to death) with an anatomy textbook.

Napoleon1944 Inactive Member25 Oct 2012 10:05 p.m. PST

I am interested in the 222 armored car and the Panzer III.

DS615130 Oct 2012 6:13 a.m. PST

What do you want for the 251, and the FoV terrain bits?

CooperSteveOnTheLaptop23 Nov 2012 6:06 a.m. PST

Potentially interested in anything 1/18? How much do you want for the Sherman?

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.