Help support TMP

"Hurrah - new IABSM Normandy scenarios from TFL" Topic

14 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Scenarios Message Board

885 hits since 15 Oct 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Nick B15 Oct 2012 10:29 a.m. PST

Hot off the press from the proliferate pen of Robert Avery comes "Blenneville or Bust" 31 linked scenarios for US & British in Normandy. Just gone up for sale as a pdf £9.50 GBP.

Already got mine – fantastic – can't wait to get them on the table. Well done Robert!

vdal181215 Oct 2012 11:16 a.m. PST

Downloaded mine to my tablet over lunch today and started to read it over. It's absolutely terrific. This is a campaign I'd love to get going on. All I need is a couple of enthusiastic players. Great work by Robert Avery.

Personal logo War Panda Supporting Member of TMP15 Oct 2012 11:23 a.m. PST

How good of you for throwing temptation my way…

A Quinn Martin Production15 Oct 2012 11:38 a.m. PST

Just got it. The amount of work that has gone into this is incredible. It can quite easily be the basis of a 'finite' project if there is such a thing in our hobby. The blinds are provided to print out and there is a table detailing how many of each troop type is required for the whole campaign.
All the tables look to be 6x4 too.
Superb

Personal logo War Panda Supporting Member of TMP15 Oct 2012 1:06 p.m. PST

I agree …after a quick look over it looks absolutely brilliant…love the maps and scenarios and would be easily adapted to any system. Hugely professional looking product in keeping with everything I've got recently from the TFL

Bad Painter15 Oct 2012 6:03 p.m. PST

I've had a quick scroll through my copy and must say I agree with all the positive comments. The scenarios, although fictional, present a good feel for what the general conception of what the Normandy fighting was like.
My only "problem" is with the names assigned to some of the big men; Angus Aberdeen and Mickey Miami? They sound more like characters from the WWE. Aside from those obvious groaners, I think these scenarios will keep gamers who are interested in the Normandy Campaign busy for quite a while.

Tin Soldier Man Supporting Member of TMP15 Oct 2012 8:14 p.m. PST

Got mine. Easily used with FoW or similar rule sets. Robert has done a great job.

jacksarge15 Oct 2012 11:41 p.m. PST

Looks cool, might be worth downloading for use with KGN, or BGN when it comes out.

Personal logo Vis Bellica Supporting Member of TMP16 Oct 2012 12:00 a.m. PST

Bad Painter: you missed some of the best ones!

There's Lieutenant Pat Phoenix; Sergeants Arnie "Los" Angeles and Nugent Nashville…and who could ever forget Leutnant Freddi Feuerzangenbowle or the Fastnachts brothers?

R

Personal logo nazrat Supporting Member of TMP16 Oct 2012 6:08 a.m. PST

I might have bought it up until you said it was fictional. With all the incredible battles that actually happened why would ANYTHING need to be made up?

Personal logo Vis Bellica Supporting Member of TMP16 Oct 2012 7:10 a.m. PST

Yes, Nazrat, you make a very good point, and perhaps one day I will write a historical Normandy pack to go with the six other historical scenario packs that I have written (Calais, Compass, Anzio, Sicily, Malaya/Singapore, Burma).

This time, however, I wanted to provide something as accessible as possible: something that was the IABSM equivalent to a collection of 2,000 point, club-night, pick-up games.

R

jimchris Inactive Member16 Oct 2012 8:32 a.m. PST

Hi Nazrat

Big Rich has already produced a Normandy Specific supplement. Have a look on the Lardies web-shop at "Where the Hell Have You Been Boys". There are also quite a few Normandy scenarios in the Christmas and Summer specials. There is an index to the specials in the Toofatlardies Yahoo group which will give you an idea of what is available.

Jimchris.

Serotonin17 Oct 2012 3:40 a.m. PST

Just bought it and its fantastic.
I really appreciate the fact that its aimed at putting on easy games that can be run at club nights. The spreadhseet with all the figure requirments on is a real boon and I managed to go through what I did and did not have last night and then put an order in with Pendraken to fill what I needed.

Personal logo nazrat Supporting Member of TMP17 Oct 2012 10:16 a.m. PST

Thanks, Jim!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.