Help support TMP

"New progress, two new sculpts and size comparison shots" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Tools of the Hobby Message Board

Back to The Industry Message Board

Back to the Sculpting Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the 15mm Sci-Fi Message Board

685 hits since 13 Oct 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Kyn ell13 Oct 2012 7:51 p.m. PST

I have done some more oggam tonight, and there are some shots for size comparison with other figures that I promised. I can't get any external pics to load on my account today, so you'll have to click on my blog (sorry but it was easier that way!)

thegrinningskull.wordpress.com/2012/10/14/new-oggam-greens-and-size-comparison-photos

Personal logo Rebel Minis Sponsoring Member of TMP14 Oct 2012 4:41 a.m. PST

Those look pretty cool!

Kyn ell14 Oct 2012 5:45 a.m. PST

Thanks! I must admit though, I'm really tempted to make a squad up just so I can paint them and use them myself!!

Personal logo Eli Arndt Supporting Member of TMP14 Oct 2012 6:46 a.m. PST

I think the sculpting is really clean and details are clear.

The proportioning makes them a bit more cartoon-ish than I think you may have been going for. It's clear, however, that you have a good solid grasp and really just need to refine your shapes a bit to get the final result you're going for.

-Eli

Kyn ell14 Oct 2012 7:18 a.m. PST

Thanks man! I'm still at an experimental stage with learning the properties of the putty, so its good to get feedback on what I'm doing. I'll just keep making stuff until they eventually look like what I'm going for! I know I still have a long way to go, but practice and determination, I should get there eventually!!

ancientsgamer Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member14 Oct 2012 9:19 a.m. PST

They look fine to me. After all, these are fantasy/sci-fi figures and I expect them to have exaggerated features; especially the faces. The figures in your first set of 4 photos are really effective IMO. Looks like they would be fun to paint and have plenty of details to add shadows and highlights making them easier to paint. You have quite a bit of talent there.

I have been wanting to try my hand at this using Procreate. Have heard it is a bit easier to work with and not as sticky as the green stuff. I would be trying smaller scales and historical instead. Less license on proportions but less exacting demands on some features in the smaller scale.

How long did it take you for each figure?

Victor Kravenhoff14 Oct 2012 10:14 a.m. PST

dang, those simply ooze with charecter and detail. I love them :D

Kyn ell14 Oct 2012 10:35 a.m. PST

I took about three hours to do both, I would have liked to take a bit more time, but with it being the weekend, my kids sometimes take up more time than usual, so were busy a little (and distracted!)
I'm hoping I'll get a few hours later to have another go at one or two, i have some ideas for some more poses and styles for them. all being well I'll post them so you can have a look!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.