Help support TMP

"Crescent Root Desert Buildings 15mm with 20mm Figures" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Modern Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the 15mm Sci-Fi Message Board

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

701 hits since 6 Oct 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

No Reserve06 Oct 2012 5:33 a.m. PST

I have large collections of 20mm (1/72) plastic figures for all sorts of periods, but I've recently started collecting 15mm science fiction. I've been concentrating on figures that would be suitable for a desert environment. My goal is to be able to do near future takes on conflicts like the recent ones in Libya, Syria and Iraq without getting mired in politics.

With that in mind, I've been looking at ways of building a middle eastern town that would be compatible with my current 20mm historical figures and my new collection of 15mm figures from Khurasan and Rebel. I had intended to scratch build them, but I'm drawn to the Crescent Root 15mm desert buildings. Unlike the plain modern look of the 20mm they'll pass for pretty much any period and they have much more flavour.

So my question is, can I use the 15mm buildings with 20mm figures? My big concerns would be door height, and especially how tall are the interiors of the buildings with the roofs in place?

Moqawama Inactive Member06 Oct 2012 5:47 a.m. PST

"do near future takes on conflicts like the recent ones in Libya, Syria and Iraq without getting mired in politics"

that's the reason I got into SF gaming as well and also the reason I favour near-future technologies and figures styles over more far-fetched figures and vehichles.

45thdiv Supporting Member of TMP06 Oct 2012 10:39 a.m. PST

Well Crescent Root also make 20mm buildings for the Mid East. Send them an email with this same question and Mark will be able to tell you about how the scales work with what you want to do. For me, if you are doing skirmish in 15mm, then the 20mm should work fine. The scales are pretty close.

Matthew

Personal logo Condotta Supporting Member of TMP06 Oct 2012 8:38 p.m. PST

I played a Napoleonic game using 28mm figures and 15mm Crescent Root for villages. Since the footprint matched the grounded scale well, it actually worked and the troops in garrison looked good. Odd, but true, so may work for you.

Thorfin11 Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member07 Oct 2012 2:52 a.m. PST

I have a bunch of 15mm desert buildings from a regular e-bay seller and they do equally well for my 15 and 20mm figures.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.