Help support TMP

"I'd like to commission a Roman Tortoise / Testudo" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Sculpting Message Board

609 hits since 4 Oct 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Sculptor Seeker Inactive Member04 Oct 2012 12:29 p.m. PST

Basically, something similar to this piece:

picture

but in 15mm scale.

I'd like it to be a piece castable in a one part resin mold, maybe big enough so that it could be crammed onto a Hordes of the Things behemoth size base in 15mm scale (I can go back to that book to give you exact dimensions if you like).

It should have a fairly thick base, maybe 3/16", so that it would not have to be mounted on some other base.

Please reply here, or email me at

sculptorseeker

AT

yahoo

dot

come

if interested.

Sculptor Seeker Inactive Member04 Oct 2012 2:27 p.m. PST

should, of course, be:

dot

com

punkrabbitt returns04 Oct 2012 4:00 p.m. PST

HotT Behemoth base size is 40mm by 40mm in 15mm scale.

45thdiv Supporting Member of TMP04 Oct 2012 6:29 p.m. PST

And welcome to TMP

Major William Martin RM Supporting Member of TMP05 Oct 2012 8:40 p.m. PST

Just out of curiosity, have you seen the metal one produced by Warrior in 15mm? It seems to paint up well, judging by the posted picture.

TMP link

There have also been mentions in the past on this site about someone selling a resin testudo in 15mm on eBay. You might check there as well.

Bill
Sir William the Aged

Sculptor Seeker Inactive Member06 Oct 2012 7:51 p.m. PST

I think that 15mm resin testudo you are talking about is a myth. It is actually this one

picture

Which is by the same company (MIR) as the gray one in the OP. It is smaller, because the Romans are supposed to be crouched down inside, but, in my opinion, it just is not a very nice looking piece.

I have seen the Warrior minis one, and it is nice, but I really just want a solid piece. My personal quest, I guess.

Sculptor Seeker Inactive Member06 Oct 2012 7:58 p.m. PST

In fact, having considered this further, I think it would be better if this was done as an 80 x 80mm piece (4 HOTT behemoths), and this would work better for other game systems as well.

lokie44 Inactive Member09 Oct 2012 4:30 a.m. PST

Hi im a freelance sculptor send me a email as im working in 15mm at the moment, i dont have a web page working on it but i ca send images of my sculpts. robi1baker@yahoo.co.uk

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.