Help support TMP

"15mm small parachutes?" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Paper Modeling Message Board

Back to the Sculpting Message Board

Back to the Conversions Message Board

483 hits since 1 Oct 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Moe the Great Supporting Member of TMP01 Oct 2012 11:18 a.m. PST

Sorry for some cross-posting but I am not sure where to put this. I am looking for some suggestions on how to make some 15mm Parachutes, actually smaller parachutes that would be used for 15mm Air Dropped ordnance.

I have been thinking about sculpting some but don't reall have the MAD skills for sculpting.

Then I thought some small cloth hardened with white glue but didn't think that would hold up too well……

So before I frustrate myself, does anyone have any suggestions, pics or perhaps good instructions?
I only need two for my Game at Fall In!.

Thanks for your help.

Moe

45thdiv Supporting Member of TMP01 Oct 2012 11:45 a.m. PST

There are some plastic molds for making cake or craft decoration that look like scaluped (sp?) Stuff. Like the canvas of an opened shoot. You could put some cloth in it with elmers glue and let the dry. Then pop out the "shoot" and paint it.

Failing that, maybe in the wooden doll house molding you could find something that might work.

Thoughts just off the top of my head.

Matthew

Personal logo Moe the Great Supporting Member of TMP01 Oct 2012 11:46 a.m. PST

Thanks, I will take any thoughts you have..

Keep'em coming.

GrumpyOldMan01 Oct 2012 1:53 p.m. PST

Hi Moe

How about cutting some table tennis/ping pong balls in half. Just pencil in the scallops.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

DyeHard01 Oct 2012 2:47 p.m. PST

If you want to go for the detail:

Here is a guide to how to cutout and put together a parachute.
link

Yesthatphil01 Oct 2012 4:33 p.m. PST

I had intended to use ping pong balls in the way GrumpyOldMan suggests (hadn't got round to doing it yet though …)…

Twig6609 Oct 2012 12:23 p.m. PST

You can use drawing pins for very small parachutes.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.