Help support TMP

"The Blooding of the Bull - SBH AAR" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Fantasy Discussion Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Fantasy Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the Song of Blades and Heroes Message Board

565 hits since 1 Oct 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

HarryHotspurEsq Supporting Member of TMP01 Oct 2012 10:54 a.m. PST

picture

Had a quick game over the weekend which saw a Greek Myth warband take on some furry critters – with some surprising results.

Ok. Not that surprising…

link

LeadAsbestos Inactive Member02 Oct 2012 4:40 a.m. PST

Very cool! Also nice to see that I'm not the only one who enjoys "Tristan and Isole" the movie. Bad history, but a damn good, and inspirational, movie!

Snowcat02 Oct 2012 6:31 a.m. PST

You appear to favour very small warbands. Is this a tactical choice, or done for some other reason?

(poor Knut!)

:)

HarryHotspurEsq Supporting Member of TMP02 Oct 2012 10:06 a.m. PST

Poor Knut indeed…

My smaller sized warbands are done for two main reasons.

Firstly, I find that generally the higher the average Q, the more likely I am to win. I roll badly. Really badly. I'd like to think that my rotten luck with the dice is why I regularly lose. Even with a Q4 minotaur brought down to a Q3 (because of the leader), he only managed a single turn in that game where he scored 2 activation successes.

Secondly, being time, space and money poor, smaller warbands are less of an investment, and |I can buy, paint and store more of them.

Snowcat03 Oct 2012 2:38 a.m. PST

Ah, I see. :)

Poor Knut also knows something about your dice rolling I suspect…

Cheers.

cooey2ph Supporting Member of TMP03 Oct 2012 10:30 p.m. PST

very enjoyable aar. just got the rules and am inspired by your warbands.

HarryHotspurEsq Supporting Member of TMP20 Oct 2012 6:46 a.m. PST

UPDATE:

picture

With a little tweaking of warbands and the secondment of Mystico the Mouse, the furry critters managed to orchestrate the perfect minotaur-takedown. Revenge is a dish best served with steak…

link

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.