Help support TMP

"CY6 Jet Age" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the British Wargaming Message Board

Back to the American Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Modern Product Reviews Message Board

914 hits since 16 Sep 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

soledad Supporting Member of TMP16 Sep 2012 1:51 a.m. PST

I have been badly bitten by the Check Your 6 bug and now think about buying the jet age rules. Im primarily interested in the Swedish aircraft and wonder if anyone knows if they are among the aircraft listed in tje book.

Primarily the Viggen, Draken and Tunnan.

BlackSmoke Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member16 Sep 2012 3:32 a.m. PST

Those planes aren't in the book, but you could check the Yahoo group. There's a good chance you'll find stats there. Regardless, you won't regret getting the rules. Quite a different experience than the WW2 set.

Mike G16 Sep 2012 9:32 a.m. PST

In our group we describe the difference as, CY6, Fly, Fly Shoot, fly , fly shoot, hit, Fly , Fly, kill something. In CY6 JA, Fly Fly , shoot, Kill. The weapon systems in jets are much more capable and robustness rolls are not as successful. If a jet is moving in excess of 600 miles per hour and it is hit, and structural damage occurs, bad things are going to happen

soledad Supporting Member of TMP30 Sep 2012 1:30 a.m. PST

Slowly getting there ;) not in a hurry as I really enjoy the WII rules.

But for those who play jet age which scale is preferably? In WWII I use 1:300 which looks very good. But jets become fairly "large" in thar scale. Is 1:600 better? Or does it not matter. I know it all boils down to personal preference but still, is one scale more convenient than the other?

Bases and magnets might e bit too small/ weak for a 1:300 F4 Phantom for example? Or a B52 ;)

fred oliver Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member03 Jan 2013 6:12 a.m. PST

Check out the 1/300- and 1/285-scale aircraft on Shapeways. Most are made of sintered nylon in a 3-D printer, which means they're very light in weight. You can search by aircraft designation to find a specific airplane or search by scale to see all that's available. Also search on "1/288" if you like World War One aircraft.

Sundance Supporting Member of TMP03 Jan 2013 8:11 p.m. PST

The 1/300 modern aircraft are significantly larger than 1/300 WWII a/c. I went with 1/600 Tumbling Dice and Pico Armor.

Ensign04 Jan 2013 8:14 a.m. PST

As we have normally been using the rules for Vietnam/Arab Isreali, its more like fly, fly spot, fox one, damn the bloody thing didn't launch, switching to guns, sky turns orange..

The first few pics are of the Pearl Harbor game we did, must add the Rolling thunder pics one day. A B52 in 1:600 is still about 3 inches wide…

link

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.