Help support TMP

"A Series of Dust Warfare AARs" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Weird WWII Message Board

Back to the SF Battle Reports Message Board

676 hits since 15 Sep 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Fire Broadside Inactive Member15 Sep 2012 5:48 a.m. PST

I started playing Dust Warfare around the time it was released. At first using the Allies that my friend has and now my own SSU.

We're having a lot of fun in the game as it has managed to combine ease of play with a decent tactical depth.

Anyway I've compiled (most of) our battles into a series of after action reports over at my blog Fire Broadside: firebroadside.blogspot.com

First some quick first impressions/Axis vs Allies: link

A 220 point game of Axis vs Allies: link

Next up is a double feature, one battle featuring Axis vs Allies (yet again) and one with SSU vs Axis: link

And finally our latest bout. A larger 300 point battle again featuring the SSU vs the Axis. link

I'm really looking forward to the SSU drop walkers and attack helicopters as they are in need of a bit more anti-armour capability. Or rather, something besides throwing Fakyeli at them until they go away.

Hope you enjoye them!

Chief Lackey Rich Supporting Member of TMP Fezian15 Sep 2012 6:54 a.m. PST

Good reads.

Mospaeda Inactive Member25 Sep 2012 3:43 a.m. PST

Great stuff – I've been thinking on picking these up but it's been hard convincing my group to play. Love the look of the walkers and the new SSU copters

BlackKnight06 Nov 2012 11:31 a.m. PST

Great reports! Thanks!

Fire Broadside Inactive Member15 Nov 2012 3:46 p.m. PST

picture

Glad you guys enjoy them!

Yesterday I sat down and speed painted (something I usually *never* do) three squads of infantry so they would at least look decent in the battle we had today (pic above).

I wrote up a short AAR featuring my SSU against a laser heavy Axis army. Here: link

Now, if only those other choppers and new tanks could get here sooner…

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.