Help support TMP

"Another Savo Island refight" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Naval Discussion Message Board

Back to the WWII Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the WWII Scenarios Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

672 hits since 15 Sep 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo scrivs Supporting Member of TMP14 Sep 2012 11:55 p.m. PST

A few weeks ago I reported on a Savo Island refight we did with GQIII, well on Thursday evening we did it again with Naval Thunder.

picture

There is a report of how it went and a few more images on the Scrivsland blog: link

Personal logo Texas Jack Supporting Member of TMP15 Sep 2012 3:20 a.m. PST

What a pity you couldnīt have been on hand for the real deal, the USN always does much better with you around!

So which rules do you prefer, Naval Thunder or GQ?

Personal logo scrivs Supporting Member of TMP15 Sep 2012 3:41 a.m. PST

I really like General Quarters III, but I think if you want a good game in a three hour session at the wargames club then Naval Thunder has to be favourite because you don't need to be so focussed you can have a chat and a look at what else is going on.

We are planning on having a day long campaign soon and Naval Thunder seem to be favourites at the moment for that.

Personal logo Texas Jack Supporting Member of TMP15 Sep 2012 3:47 a.m. PST

I also saw your post on River Plate and then Denmark Strait. Naval Thunder must be really fast play for you to manage both actions in one evening. Nice write up on that, by the way, even without pictures.

JJMicromegas15 Sep 2012 6:55 a.m. PST

Nice AAR, are those the 1/6000 hallmark ships?

Personal logo scrivs Supporting Member of TMP15 Sep 2012 9:19 a.m. PST

Thanks, the ships are all 1/3000 Navwar.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.