Help support TMP

"US Infantry colours?" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Painting Guides Message Board

960 hits since 28 Aug 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

StokieSteve Inactive Member29 Aug 2012 1:45 p.m. PST

I'm just about to start painting up some 10mm US infantry and wondered if anyone could suggest a uniform colour guide (preferably Humbrol enamels)

Cheers

Monkey Hanger Fezian29 Aug 2012 2:01 p.m. PST

Hi there

Not humbrol I'm afraid but there is some superb guides here using Vallejo acrylic paints

link

MH:-)

thosmoss29 Aug 2012 5:53 p.m. PST

Flames of War has a color guide, with suggestions of what shades of Humbrol, Vallejo, Model Master, Tamiya, and GW paints you can use.

link

CPBelt29 Aug 2012 6:54 p.m. PST

I used the FoW US paint set. The guide on the back of the box works great. I don't think many people paint miniatures using Humbrol or any kind of enamels any more.

link

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP29 Aug 2012 7:42 p.m. PST

There is no such thing as US "colours". We have "colors". grin

StokieSteve Inactive Member30 Aug 2012 12:39 a.m. PST

No, I think you'll find that 'colours' is the correct English spelling of the word John. Lol.

Dynaman878930 Aug 2012 3:23 a.m. PST

> No, I think you'll find that 'colours' is the correct English spelling of the word John. Lol.

Maybe, but these ARE US troops, which are of course a fish of a different color.

StokieSteve Inactive Member30 Aug 2012 5:23 a.m. PST

Lol… Point taken Dynaman. Thanks for the links everyone. Very helpful as usual! The FoW link is very good and I think I'll be using there colour scheme.

Cerberus031130 Aug 2012 11:52 a.m. PST

link

Not a paint guide per say but a great read on reality against regulation.

Marc the plastics fan07 Sep 2012 4:41 a.m. PST

Cerb – that is a great read (and made me smile too – love his attitude :-) )

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.