Help support TMP

"Khurasan 15mm Sci Fi Tank compared to Modern Tank" Topic

26 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Modern Discussion (1946 to 2004) Message Board

Back to the 15mm Sci-Fi Message Board

1,984 hits since 7 Aug 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo khurasanminiatures Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Aug 2012 11:19 a.m. PST

Some accuse us of making big tanks, to which we say, "indeed we do!" But not just big tanks -- we have vehicles in all sizes.

A good indication of this is our recent 15mm Federal Medium tanks, the Samson (tracked) and Samaritan (grav). We wanted to make sure it was about the same size as the US M1 Abrams tank, the Challenger 2, Leopard 2, LeClerc, etc. I think we succeeded, and in fact here's a great way to show it!

This is an image of a Samson, compared to our upcoming 15mm scale M1A2 "Abrams" tank. They look fairly similar in dimensions, don't they?

picture

(The side skirts are not on the M1A2, which would make the hull appear just a little wider.)

Stay tuned for developments on the M1A2, the Samson is available now. Thanks for looking, and stay medium (unless you'd rather be super heavy of course)!

That Dude Supporting Member of TMP07 Aug 2012 11:41 a.m. PST

Very cool !!!

Personal logo Jamesonsafari Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Aug 2012 12:12 p.m. PST

And the Samson continues the trend I've noticed in modern MBTs of the turret getting bigger and boxier.

Personal logo khurasanminiatures Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Aug 2012 12:17 p.m. PST

Unlike current tanks, it has to deal with issues unique to plasma weaponry ….

It also mounts a CIDS similar in some ways to the Phalanx. Needs room for that!

steve atkinson Inactive Member07 Aug 2012 12:58 p.m. PST

Upcoming 15mm Abrams tank ?? Tell me more .

Personal logo khurasanminiatures Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Aug 2012 1:08 p.m. PST

It's upcoming!

grin

Just a sneak peek for now….

Wolfprophet07 Aug 2012 2:54 p.m. PST

You're making an Abrams tank? I'm sold. I was disappointed with all the current offerings.

Samulus07 Aug 2012 3:02 p.m. PST

Are you planning to make a T-90? I need something to shoot with my M1A2s and no-one else (unbelievably) makes this tank yet in this scale.

Personal logo Eli Arndt Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member07 Aug 2012 3:23 p.m. PST

Heck, nobody even makes the T-80U in 15mm either.

-Eli

Greg B07 Aug 2012 4:27 p.m. PST

Would love to see Khurasan put up some modern ranges – but I hope it is more than just US stuff. As the others above have noted, 15mm modern Russians are rare, and 15mm modern Russian stuff of Khurasan's quality simply is not out there.

Hopefully the M1A2s are not meant to be shooting up insurgents in Iraq or Afghanistan…

Chatticus Finch07 Aug 2012 5:48 p.m. PST

I'd love to see some of the more up-to-date weapons systems brought into production like the Russian BM-30 SMERCH, (not sure if it's made elsewhere, but still), more modern Chinese kit (because that stuff is not available anywhere yet!) and more importantly, modern infantry!

It's amazing how little there is of modern weapons like RPG-29's/ SMAWs/ M14 EBR/ AK-101/ Type 95 rifle and variants etc.

Khurasan, you do that, and those, along with your aliens, will make you a god to most 15mm gamers!

BlackWidowPilot Supporting Member of TMP Fezian07 Aug 2012 6:46 p.m. PST

Um, 15mm moderns made here in the USA? You mean I may someday get my paws on a 15mm LeClerc MBT made in the USA? You are evil (and I like it).evil grin

Leland R. Erickson*
Metal Express
metal-express.net

*Who is now home from the freakin' hospital and was greeted by his loving wife, deranged 6.5 lbs. Yorkshire Terrorist, and a box from Khurasan Miniatures full of the long-awaited JTFB figures; life is GOOD!evil grin

Personal logo khurasanminiatures Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Aug 2012 6:47 p.m. PST

Eureka make modern Russians, don't they? I'll bet those are first rate models and have the Russians covered.

LeClerc is a very, very cool tank, Leland. Maybe some day. grin

Greg B07 Aug 2012 7:19 p.m. PST

I have heard the modern Russians are coming from Eureka, but no sign of them yet. I believe they are intended to fight Chechens (also pending from Eureka in 15mm). These will be welcome too, but I don't expect to see any of the modern Russian vehicles.

Admiral Yi Sun Sin is my Homie07 Aug 2012 7:27 p.m. PST

Nobody makes modern 1st line Russian tanks or Chinese tanks in 15mm as far as I know.

BlackWidowPilot Supporting Member of TMP Fezian07 Aug 2012 7:32 p.m. PST

LeClerc is a very, very cool tank, Leland.

Um, mai oui! And it'll make a spiffy sci-fi tank conversion too:

picture

picture

Maybe some day.

Well, I *am* a patient man… Mwahahahaahaaa!!evil grin

Leland R. Erickson
Metal Express
metal-express.net

Stuuuh07 Aug 2012 7:37 p.m. PST

Doesn't QRF make a couple of different T-80s?

But, unfortunately, no LeClerc…

BlackWidowPilot Supporting Member of TMP Fezian07 Aug 2012 7:39 p.m. PST

Chinese APCs? Ooooh! There's some *fun* ones with lots of sci-fi conversion potential:

picture

link

picture

picture

And while I was searching for PRC rides, I stumbled on this little gem:

picture

Leland R. Erickson
Metal Express
metal-express.net

Louie N Supporting Member of TMP07 Aug 2012 8:47 p.m. PST

Please let us know the long term plans around the modern vehicle.

Will it be a let's try one and see where it goes strategy?

For those of us who have recently purchased a large number of modern vehicles I say to you….

KHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the preview.

Personal logo khurasanminiatures Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Aug 2012 9:35 p.m. PST

You're welcome!

Chatticus Finch08 Aug 2012 1:44 a.m. PST

I don't know WRT Eureka having the Russians, when I saw them at CANCON they made no reference to them (although I am very happy to be proven wrong of course!)

However we know you have good quality, and you've opened a floodgate you can't lock again now mate! ;)

stroezie08 Aug 2012 2:02 a.m. PST

I just love those whitewall tires on those chinese APC's.
I think I'll try that on some of my wheeled forces I will.:)

Nandalf08 Aug 2012 11:25 a.m. PST

Wooooh! This is super exciting!
We need some epic resin moderns.
Don't forget the challenger II ;) best tank in the world!!

Ben.

Cergorach08 Aug 2012 12:38 p.m. PST

That M1A2 looks like:

a.) Plastic (kit)
b.) A really odd colored resin
c.) A 3D print

(I make fun of others) Inactive Member08 Aug 2012 2:04 p.m. PST

Actually right now the best tank designation is probably a tossup between the Leopard 2A7+ and the LeClerc, a function of latest development/upgrade more than anything else. (M1A2SEPv2 not terribly far behind.) When it is deployed the M1A3 will probably take the title, for instance, at least until the next upgrade….

Etranger08 Aug 2012 6:39 p.m. PST

Chatticus – Nic at Eureka has the Russians, although AFAIK they haven't hit the website yet. Saw them a couple of months age, very nice castings.

Scorpio09 Aug 2012 6:28 a.m. PST

I picked up some of the modern Russians at Historicon, in fact. And they are nice sculpts!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.