Help support TMP

"Dungeon Lords 2 player session" Topic

3 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Fantasy Battle Reports Message Board

303 hits since 4 Aug 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Anatoli04 Aug 2012 3:56 a.m. PST

Earlier last week we were supposed to have a miniature wargaming day down at the club, but only me and David showed up and we had incompatible armies. Luckily, I had brought with me some boardgames, among them Dungeon Lords which works well for 2-4 players.

The nice thing about this game is that the "empty spots" are taken by NPC players partially controlled by each human player. So you play with all 4 Dungeon Lords in the bidding phase which helps make the game more dynamic and harder.

David had never played this game before, and I had not played it for a couple of months – but again the makers of this game were smart enough to include "tutorial dungeons" that allows you to learn the battle mechanics which are the main important events at the end of each year in the game.

We were soon up to speed and started playing, David was unfortunate during the first year since he got a raiding party with 2 Thieves which rendered his traps useless. And he did not have enough monsters to kill all adventurers. His entire dungeon including a room was conquered at the end of year one!

Check my blog for for the improbably final score and more pictures:

link

Samulus04 Aug 2012 4:36 a.m. PST

This game reminds me of Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2 (on the PC), seems it might have been based off of them.

Anatoli04 Aug 2012 9:58 a.m. PST

It is extremely close to Dungeon Keeper in tone and sense of humor.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.