Help support TMP

"Giant WW2 Kursk game in Los Angeles on September 1" Topic

1 Post

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Scenarios Message Board

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

565 hits since 1 Aug 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

boyinblue101 Aug 2012 3:54 p.m. PST

Gentlemen,

Players needed for a large operational campaign game planned for the Gateway 2012 convention in Los Angeles.

I am running a large Field of Battle: WW2 game recreating the 1st SS Panzer Grenadier Division's four day clash with the 5th Guards Tank Army at Prokhorovka during the Kursk campaign. This battle featured an impressive clash on the 3rd day between one of the most powerful divisions in the German army and two Soviet Tank Corps.

The players will play German regimental commanders and Soviet corps commanders. The unit scale is one unit = a company and the game lets you make the decisions that would be appropriate for a brigade/division commander. Engineers, obstacles, artillery support, airpower, vehicle recovery…it's all built into the rules. The card deck initiative system guarantees you won't always get to accomplish everything you want and objectives need to be prioritized.

The scale will be 10mm miniatures on a 6 ft by 10 ft table. I'm looking for a few enthusiastic volunteers who would be willing to play in this game on Saturday, September 1. The game would begin at 9 AM and continue until the Germans win or their attack on Prokhorovka collapses (hopefully in the evening). It's a time commitment, but I hope that with your help, this game could be memorable. Players could also join midway as more Soviet units enter the table.

Here are some preliminary play-tests and scenario posts from my blog. The terrain and miniatures have been significantly improved since the initial play-tests.:

link

Please email me if you're interested in participating at boyinblue1@sbcglobal.net.

Dave

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.