Help support TMP

"Ville en Croute: 1446 A 'Hail Caesar' battle" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Medieval Battle Reports Message Board

655 hits since 15 Jun 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Dean AKI Inactive Member15 Jun 2012 1:00 p.m. PST

Another hypothetical medieval battle pitching Late Hundred Years War French and Burgundians against English and a rump of allies and mercenaries:

picture

As ever, the full write up and conclusions are on the Blog:

link

Enjoy!

Spooner615 Jun 2012 1:43 p.m. PST

Thanks for the Bat Rep. I have recently tried using HC for my Agincourt era game and I really enjoyed the rules. Now I just need to play then a few more time to get a better feel for it.

More Archers for the English. That always helps to solve the French problem.

Chris

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP15 Jun 2012 2:17 p.m. PST

Nice report – serves les les rosbifs right!

Personal logo oldbob Supporting Member of TMP17 Jun 2012 9:55 a.m. PST

Interesting, nice pictures!

Personal logo rampantlion Supporting Member of TMP19 Jun 2012 8:01 a.m. PST

Thanks for the battle report, I am feverishly working on two medieval armies for HC and am glad to hear that someone is playing medievals with them and that thye appear to work ok for the time period.

Allen

Dean AKI Inactive Member21 Jun 2012 3:15 a.m. PST

Allen: I've just been using the standard troop templates for the most part. Knights equal Catphracts, foot knights are 7/7 infantry, other heavies typically 6/6 and so on, as I'm not playing cross-period games it isn't an issue.

I tend to permit the CinC an equivalent to the Follow Me rule from Black Powder, and Guns of any form that roll two or more '1's' to hit lose a point of firepower and immediately become disordered (something went bang!). Otherwise pretty straight. Have another bigger game lined up for this weekend, I'll make sure to post it up here soon…

Personal logo rampantlion Supporting Member of TMP22 Jun 2012 6:43 p.m. PST

Thanks Dean, I don't have Black Powder, what is the follow me rule? Please do post the next battle report, looking forward to it.

Allen

Paul Y22 Jun 2012 8:15 p.m. PST

Good report, thanks for posting.

Dean AKI Inactive Member23 Jun 2012 12:15 p.m. PST

Follow Me is basically the ability of a general to take direct personal command of a unit to do his bidding. A general may join any unit (that hasn't yet been commanded) within his movement range and try to give it direct orders. If he makes his command check, by any level of success the unit immediately gets three orders/actions/moves. If he fails the unit may not move. Either way he may issue no further orders.

He can use the action to poach a unit from any commander, but the unit does not become part of his own division and only remains under his control whilst he is attached directly to it.

Personal logo janner Supporting Member of TMP26 Jun 2012 7:33 a.m. PST

Great write up with plenty of food for thought on the use of HC for the HYW

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.