Help support TMP

"The Solomons Campaign - Turns 4 & 5 AAR - Taking Stock" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Campaign Message Board

Back to the WWII Naval Discussion Message Board

511 hits since 11 May 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

JJMicromegas11 May 2012 2:05 p.m. PST

Finally got the AAR's for Turns 4 & 5 done. I actually played these games a month ago but didn't have the chance to get this done. This weekend I will be playing the final turn to conclude the campaign. The campaign rules and tactical rules are from The Solomons Campaign and GQ3 respectively, both published by ODGW.

link

kyotebluer than blue Supporting Member of TMP11 May 2012 3:46 p.m. PST

Cool !!

hindsTMP Supporting Member of TMP13 May 2012 5:12 a.m. PST

Nice writeup!!

(You need to work on your photograhy, though…)

MH

JJMicromegas14 May 2012 5:49 a.m. PST

Thanks for the comments.

The quality of the pictures is due to the 10 year old camera that I am using. The wife was using our good one.

hindsTMP Supporting Member of TMP14 May 2012 3:26 p.m. PST

More specifically, it looks like the camera moved during the exposures. So you need either a faster shutter speed, or more light, or a tripod in order to allow time exposures The 3rd option requires a means to trip the shutter without moving the camera, such as a cable release or a timer. You could fix these things with almost any camera, even a 10-year old one. :-)

However, I'm just being picky here; your posts on the campaign are fascinating regardless. Also, I like the way you lit the night battles differently from the daylight ones. Do you use a different playing surface for night? It looks darker.

MH

JJMicromegas14 May 2012 6:51 p.m. PST

I used a black sheet for night battles and a blue sheet for the day, I wanted to make sure that night battles actually looked like night battles. The lighting wasn't on purpose I think the daylight outside actually was changing to dusk while we were playing.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.