Help support TMP

"1813 Campaign Three Years Old" Topic

2 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonics Scenarios Message Board

Back to the Campaign Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

650 hits since 27 Mar 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

thistlebarrow2 Supporting Member of TMP27 Mar 2012 5:53 a.m. PST

I started the 1813 campaign in March 2009 and to celebrate its third birthday I have posted a short summary on my Napoleonic Wargaming blog. If you would like to read it you will find it here:

link

It also seems an appropriate time to thank all of you who have followed the campaign, or taken part in it since it was converted to PBEM in January 2011.

It must be pretty unusual for a wargames campaign to run for so long, and to give every indication that it will continue to run for a long time yet to come.

I had run many solo campaigns prior to this one, and all had ended in a shambles after two or three months. That this one has not followed the same path is largely due to publishing a campaign diary, and each battle report, on the campaign blog.

Even so it would probably have run its course after two years or so, had I not converted to PBEM. The added contribution by the corps commanders has really driven my interest and enjoyment of the campaign.

To those of you, and particularly solo wargamers, who are looking for a way to expand your interest in the period and add depth to your wargames, I would recommend campaign wargaming.

Whirlwind Supporting Member of TMP27 Mar 2012 10:00 a.m. PST

Thank you very much for taking the time to post all your games, and your thoughts on the rules and how to implement the campaign. I've found them very inspiring.

Regards

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.