Help support TMP

"Rhodesian Bush War Game using Disposalbe Heroes:Point Blank" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Scenarios Message Board

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

Back to the Modern Scenarios Message Board

Back to the Modern Discussion (1946 to 2004) Message Board

1,021 hits since 15 Mar 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

TrenchRaider15 Mar 2012 10:57 p.m. PST

We've been trying out the new Iron Ivan set, "Disposable Heroes: Point Blank" at our local club. Tonight we tried a Rhodesian Bush War scenario using units and stats from the "Man Among Men" module. The results were pretty satifying (despite the wrong side winning! ;->). We'll be using this set again I should think.

Here is a link to the battle report and pics.
link

Crossposted to WW2 boards as DH is primarilly a WW2 game.

Enjoy.
Martin

thejoker Inactive Member16 Mar 2012 11:59 a.m. PST

Enjoyed reading your AAR. What figures and transport were you using?

Personal logo Vosper Supporting Member of TMP16 Mar 2012 12:43 p.m. PST

Thanks for the report – nice figs and table setup also.

How would the rules work for post-apoc? The description on Iron Ivan's site mentions a 'build your own' system.

shelldrake16 Mar 2012 1:32 p.m. PST

Vosper the rules would work rather well for a post-apoc game.

In back of the rules they list all of the Disposable Heroes supplements as being compatible, as well as "No More Room in Hell" and "Where Heroes Dare"- so they are very adaptable.

I am even contemplating setting up a Sci-fi game with the rules… but after I finish playing Vietnam and Rhodesia with the rules.

Trench Raider did you scratch build the Greys, or is Eureka coming out with some more figures for the war?

TrenchRaider16 Mar 2012 3:37 p.m. PST

Thanks.
Thejoker-
My infantry in this game were all Eureka's Rhodesian War line. The Grey's are a scratchbuild I did. They started life as Old Glory WW2 Soviet cavalry. The gun truck is a Force of Arms Somali technical who's crew has had a head swap. Finally, the Unimog is by Hobby Armor Depot. (do a search on this forum before you order one though…)

Shelldrake- As seen above, they are conversions. I know Eureka made noises about doing a Grey's Scouts trooper or two (something I was pushing them to do) but I have not heard anything about that in a while.

Martin

shelldrake16 Mar 2012 5:17 p.m. PST

Thanks Martin – I will have to check out the Eureka site to see if there is any advancement in their 100 club.

thejoker Inactive Member17 Mar 2012 7:02 a.m. PST

Thanks for the info, Trenchraider.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.