Help support TMP

"RH Models Militia Truck - a short review" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Modern Gallery Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Modern Product Reviews Message Board

702 hits since 15 Feb 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Membership System will be closing for maintenance in 8 minutes. Please finish anything that will involve the membership system, including membership changes or posting of messages.

Gunbird Supporting Member of TMP15 Feb 2012 4:45 a.m. PST

Finished a RH Models Militia Technical that I picked up a few years back when I wanted to do Blackhawk Down. Faded paintjob, no camouflage, pretty decent American truck (read: BIG). I find the bare tailend a bit of a letdown, the front part is well detailed. There is enough room to fit in a sabot based AA gun, RR or milita with a HMG so you should be able to change them to your needs. I'll be using mine for Lebanon. Price is nice and affordable, mine did suffer a bit from airbubbles on the wheels. Wish I picked up more of these back then, Liberation is a bit hit/miss regarding communications.

picture

More pictures here > link

In case you want to order one, go here:

rhmodels.com
(UTIL11; PICKUP TRUCK ( CAB ROOF CUT OFF BLACKHAWK DOWN STYLE ) £5.00 GBP )

Gaz004515 Feb 2012 4:51 a.m. PST

Very nice- like the 'Boss'in the back…..

I have used Matchbox Honda Ridgeline's for 'teknikals' too…..more availability and cheaper….

PiersBrand15 Feb 2012 5:25 a.m. PST

Very nice.

I rather like the Liberation technical. Its a good solid casting with little, if any bubbles. Indeed the two I have dont have any imperfections. It also scales very well with the Britannia one.

They paint up really nice too. May have to resurrect mine now!

Personal logo Ambush Alley Games Sponsoring Member of TMP15 Feb 2012 8:34 p.m. PST

I need to get a couple of those. They're definitely a nice looking model and would look older in comparison to the Hi-Lux models I currently have.

Also, who doesn't like a crop-top? Mrowr!

- Shawn.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.