Help support TMP

"Sash and Sabre Russians Astrakhanski Regiment" Topic

17 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 18th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the SYW Message Board

Back to the 18th Century Gallery Message Board

Back to the Australian Wargaming Message Board

1,281 hits since 7 Feb 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

bluewillow07 Feb 2012 4:27 p.m. PST

I finished the Astrakhanski regiemnt just after Christmas, using the Sash and Sabre miniatures, which paint up nice.

Pics on my blog
link

cheers
Matt

cavcrazy07 Feb 2012 6:20 p.m. PST

Very nice looking unit, Now if only S&S would come out with the artillery and cavalry for their Russians…..

bluewillow07 Feb 2012 7:34 p.m. PST

agreed!

and colonels and general mounted officers

Personal logo Unlucky General Supporting Member of TMP07 Feb 2012 7:46 p.m. PST

Very nice Matt. How do they compare in scale to, say Front Rank or Redoubt?

Personal logo andygamer Supporting Member of TMP07 Feb 2012 9:58 p.m. PST

Not to be too picky, but isn't that the regiment that had red gaiters? Or are they depicted before whatever battle it was where they stood up to their knees in blood? [Sorry, my Funcken's not close to hand to look it up.]

Personal logo andygamer Supporting Member of TMP07 Feb 2012 10:01 p.m. PST

Sash & Saber Prussians are row #6 amongst these:
ERROR - no url for link

Size & Build Comparison by andygamer, on Flickr

bluewillow08 Feb 2012 12:56 a.m. PST

smaller than front rank and Redoubt

cheers
Matt

bluewillow08 Feb 2012 3:39 a.m. PST

Apcheronskiy had red gaiters after Kunersdorf in 1759.

Personal logo Chris Rance Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2012 8:47 a.m. PST

Very nice. One of the regiments in my painting queue, so good to see someone else painting them up.

Personal logo Cardinal Hawkwood Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2012 1:58 p.m. PST

everybody had red gaiters for a time after Kunersdorf!!!!!

Personal logo andygamer Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2012 11:34 p.m. PST

Thank you, bluewillow. And a very good joke, Cardinal. [BTW, the painting looks good; I hope no one took my comment as a criticism.]

Come In Nighthawk30 Apr 2012 12:50 p.m. PST

How long have S&S been "at it" that they don't have any Prussian cavalry, aside from Hussars, have no gunners (never mind guns), and have such a sparse Russian offering as to almost not exist? Also, no Austrians, British, or French?? Now, I just got a packet of their Prussian command in to "round out a unit," and I am impressed, so this isn't meant as criticism, but as "observation;" IotWs, "just askin'!"

Bandolier Supporting Member of TMP30 Apr 2012 5:46 p.m. PST

I sent S&S an email in 2008 asking when 'Coming Soon' was likely to happen. Didn't get a response.

Come In Nighthawk21 Dec 2012 8:32 a.m. PST

I sent S&S an email in 2008 asking when 'Coming Soon' was likely to happen. Didn't get a response.
Anyone heard anything since the last "nothing heard?" huh?

pbishop1224 Dec 2012 7:22 a.m. PST

I own quite a few French Napoleonic figures from S&S. The artillery are excellent also. Had them for years now. I lament that S&S doesn't expand their ranges. Nice figures in this unit.

eptingmike Supporting Member of TMP24 Dec 2012 9:52 a.m. PST

If I am not mistaken, doesn't the sculpter for S and S work for Old Glory? His work on the Second Edition OG figures could be seen as an expansion perhaps?

Come In Nighthawk24 Dec 2012 3:53 p.m. PST

His work on the Second Edition OG figures could be seen as an expansion perhaps?
Only after a fashion, since this discussion began with reference to the SYW, NOT to the AmRev, Napoleonics, or ACW?? wink

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.