Help support TMP

"Let the Zombie Horde Begin - Part 3 Painting. " Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Painting Guides Message Board

Back to the Horror Message Board

Back to the 28mm Sci-Fi Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

586 hits since 28 Dec 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Goose666 Supporting Member of TMP28 Dec 2011 3:20 p.m. PST

Finally got around to painting some of my horde. Have started with my zombie dogs.

link

Let me know what you think. Still have to decide on other colours for the dogs. But pleased with the first 15.

Redroom Supporting Member of TMP28 Dec 2011 5:06 p.m. PST

I like the dogs, bulging eyes and all :)

Samulus28 Dec 2011 6:08 p.m. PST

If you're concerned over the monotony (which to be fair, they do look very similar…) perhaps you should paint them in different colours, after all, dogs usually come in a whole range of colours!

Oddball28 Dec 2011 7:23 p.m. PST

I like how you did bits of white under the red torn flesh of the dogs.

Goose666 Supporting Member of TMP29 Dec 2011 3:31 a.m. PST

Samulus, the current plan is for three basic colours, a dark grey/black, a tan brown and a light brown. I might do some more if the three don't seem to give enough variation.

For cheap plastic figures, the detailig is pretty reasonable. There are exposed ribs and shoulders, and so a touch of bone coloured paint, looks good.

I am not going overboard with my zombie figures, as frankly, they tend to be on and off the table, and there are over a hundred to paint in total, so its fairly basic paint schemes.

My more speicalist zombies and bad guy evil things, will probably get more painting attention to detail, so as to make them stand out.

Right back to the painting table.

Goose666 Supporting Member of TMP12 Jan 2012 5:43 a.m. PST

Latest update here; link

Am about half way through the first 15 zombies. The first two batches of dogs are done apart from the bases.

Still considering wheather to go with a grey or brown base colour in the main.

Personal logo Moe the Great Supporting Member of TMP13 Jan 2012 8:05 a.m. PST

Keep up the good work..

Luckyjoe Inactive Member13 Jan 2012 4:07 p.m. PST

Those are looking good.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.