Help support TMP

"Keith Rocco; Napoleon's First Italian Campaign" Topic

16 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

Back to the 18th Century Media Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Media Message Board

1,452 hits since 19 Nov 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

clibinarium19 Nov 2011 8:10 a.m. PST

Interesting looking art book for Revolutionary Wars fans;

YouTube link

some very nice plates.

Jeigheff Supporting Member of TMP19 Nov 2011 8:55 a.m. PST

Very nice indeed. It's a shame this book won't be ready until Fall of 2012, but I'll wait!

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP19 Nov 2011 9:03 a.m. PST

Thanks for the link. Fall 2012 should be the start date for collecting figures.

Cheers,

vojvoda Inactive Member19 Nov 2011 9:11 a.m. PST

I meet him a few times at HMGS conventions. A real student of history and very very talented. I have five or six of his printed. Hugh fan.

VR
James Mattes

von Winterfeldt19 Nov 2011 11:02 a.m. PST

I admire his Civil War paintings – full of interesting details, but his knowledge about uniforms and equipment of the Napoleonic time is poor compared to his knowledge of the ACW.

10th Marines Inactive Member19 Nov 2011 11:12 a.m. PST

In what respects?

I'm a collector of his prints and his French material is excellent and quite accurate.

Sincerely,
K

drummer Supporting Member of TMP19 Nov 2011 4:16 p.m. PST

Thanks for the heads up. That is a must buy for me.

Gazzola19 Nov 2011 4:53 p.m. PST

Looks like another great title to add to my to-buy list. Can't wait for next year.

Personal logo BrigadeGames Sponsoring Member of TMP19 Nov 2011 7:43 p.m. PST

Yep, been waiting on this.

Ilodic19 Nov 2011 8:29 p.m. PST

So Clibinarium, while on the subject, are you planning anytime soon to use your incredible talents to sculpt any new AWI figs for Pendraken? If so, what? While I have your attention, any additions to Pendraken's LoA line?

Just curious,

ilodic.

CATenWolde20 Nov 2011 2:42 a.m. PST

Looks great … and makes me even more PO'ed than usual that we don't have a proper line for the period!

CATenWolde20 Nov 2011 2:43 a.m. PST

Let me amend that – yes, the Eureka line is indeed great, but I simply can't figure out how to game battles properly in 28mm.

Ben Waterhouse Inactive Member20 Nov 2011 7:45 a.m. PST

Another drain on the Waterhouse coffers…

Travellera11 Jan 2012 2:34 p.m. PST

wow!

Duke of Plaza Toro Inactive Member11 Jan 2012 6:12 p.m. PST

Let me amend that yes, the Eureka line is indeed great, but I simply can't figure out how to game battles properly in 28mm

Try any one of Charles S Grant's "Wargaming in History" books perhaps? evil grin

OK – I suppose it depends on your definition of "properly". In 28mm there usually has to be some compromise in scaling down unit numbers, ground scale etc. But get the essential ratios right and a 28mm recreation of a historical battle (or part thereof) can still be meaningful.

John Chadderton
Eureka Miniatures

DukeWacoan Supporting Member of TMP Fezian12 Jan 2012 8:15 p.m. PST

I would urge that 28mm for French Rev makes a lot of sense. The majority of battles were smaller than the Empire period. You can realistically build full OOBs. Rivoli, Lodi, Arcole are all doable.

My Rivoli OOB uses 18 figure French battalions and 24 figure Austrian , all Eurekas. I will have the full Russian 1799 Army of Suvorov, less the Jagers done soon.

I love the ability to field full historic OOBs because most of the time you are only looking at 30-40,000 per side.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.