Help support TMP

"Pegasus 1/72 Vietnam US Marine Corps Miniatures" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Modern Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Modern Discussion (1946 to 2004) Message Board

781 hits since 5 Nov 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Khazarmac Supporting Member of TMP06 Nov 2011 12:13 p.m. PST

Wondered if the TMP members could give me some advice regarding these minis; link

Are they soft plastic (polythene), or harder (polystyrene) like many other manufacturers are now using? What are they like, detail and pose wise? And how well does paint stick to them, and how do you make it stick!

I want to use them to game with metal 20mm figures from various manufacturers (eg. Britannia, SHQ) so any thoughts on compatibility would also be most welcome.

Thanks

Malc

RobH Fezian06 Nov 2011 12:21 p.m. PST

They are polythene, same as old Airfix and Revell, not nearly as floppy as the HaT stuff.

Excellent poses and details, they would work well with SHQ but not Britannia (IHMO Britannia are more chubby/stocky in style). They also work well with the old Esci Vietnam troops for more variety.

link

Personal logo Khazarmac Supporting Member of TMP06 Nov 2011 12:35 p.m. PST

RobH,

thanks for that picture and the comments.

Personal logo cloudcaptain Supporting Member of TMP06 Nov 2011 1:19 p.m. PST

My only issue was having to assemble them. I ended up using a gel glue as it was hard to hang onto a 1/72 polythene arm.

delta6ct Supporting Member of TMP06 Nov 2011 2:22 p.m. PST

I agree with cloudcaptain. Really nice miniatures, but a huge pain to assemble.

Mike

John Leahy Sponsoring Member of TMP06 Nov 2011 2:46 p.m. PST

They are excellent figs! A huge pain to assemble? I'm an old time modeller and thought they were a piece of cake to do. I guess it depends on what your background is. grin

Thanks,

John

Evil Bobs Miniature Painting06 Nov 2011 4:59 p.m. PST

Working on a couple of boxes for a commission job now. Using a glue called "Plastic Surgery" that works well holding them together.

I think the detail is much softer than on metal figs. Proportions are more realistic though, so may not mix well with many of the metal 20mm stuff that's out there.

Personal logo Grand Duke Natokina Supporting Member of TMP09 Nov 2011 1:25 p.m. PST

They are very good figures, and can be cut and re glued into different positions. Pegasus Larry gave me a test shot and I got about 24 done up in a variety of ne poses.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.