Help support TMP

"Proxy for the SCW Bilbao armored car in 15mm? " Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

Back to the Early 20th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the Interwar (WWI to WWII) Message Board

881 hits since 14 Oct 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP14 Oct 2011 5:00 p.m. PST

Any suggestions for what could fill in for the Bilbao armored car in the Spanish Civil war? Looking for something close in 15mm. Thanks!

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

link
picture

picture

Leon Pendraken Sponsoring Member of TMP14 Oct 2011 5:37 p.m. PST

It's probably not much help, but we've got one in 10mm…!

picture

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP14 Oct 2011 6:02 p.m. PST

That would be a bit small! But thanks.

Yesthatphil15 Oct 2011 10:36 a.m. PST

If I was converting one in 15mm I would probably start with a Skytex/CD Humber

picture

A similar shaped steel box bar the angular mudguards and the smaller turret (all easily fixed with a file and some putty/green stuff)

Good luck

Phil
pbeyecandy.wordpress.com

Jemima Fawr15 Oct 2011 11:10 a.m. PST

The two are rather different in size though. The Humber LRC was based on the Humber Snipe sallon car, whereas the Bilbao was based on a somewhat larger (Renault?) truck.

Yesthatphil15 Oct 2011 4:23 p.m. PST

Maybe the Skytrex model is oversized? I have a couple of spare ones … aside from from the diddy turret the body is the same size as a (BF) Soviet BA 10 … 45mm(L) x 20mm(W) x 17mm(H excl turret)

How that relates to the size of the SCw one I was just judging relatively to the people in the photos.

However, it was just a suggestion (I'm no expert on the period, although I do adapt and scratch build mid 20thC vehicles quite successfully)

No worries

Phil
pbeyecandy.wordpress.com

Jemima Fawr15 Oct 2011 4:32 p.m. PST

Sorry, I don't know to be honest, as I haven't seen the Skytrex model 'in the flesh'. I was thinking of the real vehicles next to each other – the Humber LRC was just an armoured-up saloon car. If the Skytrex model is oversize, it may well do

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP16 Oct 2012 11:32 a.m. PST

This is, maybe, the one you are looking for.

link

Hope it helps.

Amicalement
Armand

GrumpyOldMan16 Oct 2012 2:07 p.m. PST

Hi

as well as the Matchlock one there is also the one being released soon by Minairons link . They seem to be talking about it being available in November maybe.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Personal logo Martin Rapier Supporting Member of TMP17 Oct 2012 2:18 p.m. PST

I have the old SDD Bilbaos in 15mm, maybe some of those are still knocking around? I think Stronghold bought the moulds.

Looks like there are newer offerings available instead of having to convert though, as it isn't one of the easiest SCW AFVs to convert to.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.