Help support TMP

"A new movie." Topic

25 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Media Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Media Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

2,111 hits since 13 Oct 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP13 Oct 2011 8:41 p.m. PST

French, the history-line is about three ADC/Courriers on Napoleon days and war.

lmdle.eu

Amicalement
Armand

Personal logo ajbartman Supporting Member of TMP14 Oct 2011 4:28 a.m. PST

Interesting.

Kipper14 Oct 2011 4:47 a.m. PST

This looks awesome, when is it scheduled for release?

Old Bear Inactive Member14 Oct 2011 5:10 a.m. PST

ooh, I say!

huevans01114 Oct 2011 5:11 a.m. PST

Looks amazing!

Napoleonic Beginner14 Oct 2011 5:47 a.m. PST

Looked ok until I looked at a trailer for a film the same company released in 2005 called 1805.
The new film about the messangers runs up through the era to 1815, it is supposed to be only released in 2015. Great! Except the similarities don't end there . . .
All the footage in the Trailer for the "new" film is exactly the same. It's just in a differant order, so much so that at first I believed I had clicked on the wrong trailer.
See for yourself at Every Pictures website.
NB

Personal logo richarDISNEY of the RDGC Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member14 Oct 2011 7:48 a.m. PST

Meh. For some reason, it does not 'capture' me.
beer

Gazzola14 Oct 2011 8:16 a.m. PST

It looks okay, going by the clip, But it appears to be a film made by enthusiasts for enthusiasts, rather than for the general public. It also seems to rely a lot on Napoleonic re-enactors.

Unfortunately, like a lot of stuff that gets advertised these days, we will have to wait some time before we get a chance to see it and judge for ourselves, in this case 2015.

It seems to be made by the same people who did one on 1805. I don't know how that went down? But if it is as good as the clip, I'm looking forward to it.

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP14 Oct 2011 10:34 a.m. PST

I had never seen 1805 and I agree that it's a film from reenactor and enthusiastic, but it's not bad for me.
I like and respect the work and the commitment of those people.
Much more than many "Hollywood" films.
But it's yust my opinion.

Many thanks for your comments.

Amicalement
Armand

Personal logo great hall games Sponsoring Member of TMP Inactive Member14 Oct 2011 10:46 a.m. PST

Hmm. I wonder why the French infantry in the 1805 trailer were wearing shakos?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP14 Oct 2011 3:27 p.m. PST

This film is situated at 1815.

Amicalement
Armand

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP14 Oct 2011 3:56 p.m. PST

Armand, thanks for the tip.

This is definately a "date flick", especially if she comes from the south of France and we can smuggle a bottle of wine, cheese and a baguette into the cinema.

chance,

cavcrazy14 Oct 2011 4:16 p.m. PST

I'd watch it.

Baconfat Inactive Member14 Oct 2011 9:05 p.m. PST

2015?, but the world ends in 2012!

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP14 Oct 2011 10:22 p.m. PST

My friend Timurilank, many thanks for your kindly words, and allow me to add to your list;

The Rochefort cheese (or blue cheese), The Pélardon cheese (goat cheese), the fricandeu (a superb paté) and the "Saucisse sčche Lozérienne" or the "Saucisse d'herbe Lozérienne" both incredible good sausages.

Before that… no matter what movie you are seeing (smile).

Amicalement
Armand

Gazzola15 Oct 2011 4:48 a.m. PST

Baconfat

Get your facts right, the world as you know it ends in 2012, because the Emperor will return and the eagle will fly again. So you anti-Nappers out there had better start oiling yer muskets.

WillieB Supporting Member of TMP15 Oct 2011 1:54 p.m. PST

I love Roquefort cheese and fricandeau paté is one of my favorites. Never tasted Pelardon but after epicurist Armand mentioned it it's on the list now!

Trajanus15 Oct 2011 2:05 p.m. PST

The guy with the beard looks like Cantona!

huevans01115 Oct 2011 4:15 p.m. PST

Why did they let the guy wear a beard? Everybody knows that sidies and a moustache was the hairiest that men of that era ever got.

Edwulf15 Oct 2011 7:11 p.m. PST

Except for sappers though.

bgbboogie16 Oct 2011 2:33 a.m. PST

And someone with a skin infection.

Ben Waterhouse Inactive Member16 Nov 2011 3:51 a.m. PST

Well I want to see it; Napoleon, uniforms, girls and a lot of galloping about – what is there not to like. I'll join you on the chesse and wine party as well if you don't mind

Robert le Diable Inactive Member18 Nov 2011 8:37 a.m. PST

Surely the man with a beard represents one of the three heroes in later life? After all, in one sequence he's sitting for a photograph, which would set that particular scene around the middle of the century. Let's hope the film/movie is released widely, and that it will have battalions &c of convincing size.

Chouan21 Nov 2011 7:48 a.m. PST

Looks interesting at least.

Personal logo BrigadeGames Sponsoring Member of TMP21 Nov 2011 6:27 p.m. PST

Nice trailer.

Of course the 1805 movie isn't available for US/Canada DVD players.

So we will be waiting quite a while for this.

Ammianus26 Nov 2011 9:31 a.m. PST

Wow! Thanks for the post!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.