Help support TMP

"The Dial Dude" Topic

35 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the ACW Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the 18th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

Back to the ACW Discussion Message Board

3,203 hits since 6 Aug 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Bernhard Rauch06 Aug 2011 7:41 p.m. PST

Does anyone know what happened to "The Dial Dude". I placed an order on the 14th of July and sent payment. I have received no products. I have also emailed him several times and have received no response whatsoever. Is anyone else having this problem?

auton1 Inactive Member07 Aug 2011 1:34 a.m. PST

I'm awaiting an order as well. I contacted him last week, via the form on his website, and he replied the order was being sorted

Angel Barracks07 Aug 2011 5:13 a.m. PST

hmmmm can't say about of late but on the occassions I have ordered, replies were sometimes be late, delivery has for me always been prompt though.

Saginaw07 Aug 2011 5:40 a.m. PST

I haven't done any business with him yet, but I seem to remember him posting here some time ago that he was recently diagnosed with Type-2 diabetes, and that he was adjusting to his new lifestyle. Hopefully, everything's well with his health.

Man of Few Words07 Aug 2011 9:48 a.m. PST

Every time I look to consider an order, it seems that things are Out of Stock or change in format. Does he keep enough on hand to answer orders?

Oldenbarnevelt Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member07 Aug 2011 10:25 a.m. PST

Maybe he's on vacation.

flashman208 Aug 2011 7:25 a.m. PST

He was supposed to be making Hail Caesar dials for me but I have not heard from him for 3 weeks.

Fred Cartwright08 Aug 2011 1:42 p.m. PST

Me too! An outstanding order from early July. I did get an email about a week ago saying he was looking into it, but nothing since then.

MST3Klover12 Aug 2011 10:30 p.m. PST

My impression is that he has been overwhelmed by his success. It sounds like many of his orders are in large quantities and it has been hard for him to keep up. But my experience with him has been good and I think his dials are great. Well worth the wait IMO.

Sparker15 Aug 2011 2:24 a.m. PST

Yes, very happy with mine and promptly delivered (by Australian standards…)

Fred Cartwright18 Aug 2011 4:11 a.m. PST

Mine finally arrived yesterday. Has anyone else had succes in obtaining their order recently?

flashman220 Aug 2011 8:16 a.m. PST

Still no contact back from the Dude! I sent him an email this week asking the status of Hail Caesar dials and I have yet to get a response. This is not the way to expand business.

auton1 Inactive Member24 Aug 2011 7:16 a.m. PST

Still waiting on mine as well…

cwbuff24 Aug 2011 9:14 a.m. PST

Hope nothing happened to him. His product is super. As a JRIII player his dials are a major improvement on the order chits.

ironlegs05 Sep 2011 6:41 p.m. PST

Anyone heard from him yet? I've written a number of emails to see when things are coming back in stock, but no replies.

Looking forward to ordering some of his dials, but hitting a wall.

They would be great as casualty counters for 10mm.

10mmnapoleonics.blogspot.com

flashman209 Sep 2011 8:05 a.m. PST

No word from him. I'll look somewhere else…GF9 has markers that I can use.

auton1 Inactive Member09 Sep 2011 12:37 p.m. PST

Still no sign of my order either and have given up hope of seeing it

Looks like he has marked the dials as 'sold out' now, I will also be looking elsewhere

MST3Klover10 Sep 2011 10:13 a.m. PST

Hmmm, that is too bad. I do hope that he gets things straightened out. I know that Litko produces a counter, but I don't think they are quite the same. I like the aesthetics of the flags and other graphics that the Dial Dude uses. I hope there is nothing seriously wrong.

PanMark12 Sep 2011 3:51 a.m. PST

Very unfortunate. I have done business with him before and I can attest to both the high quality of product and service. Let's hope he is o.k. He's a good man!

MST3Klover19 Dec 2011 2:57 p.m. PST

Has anyone heard back from the Dial Dude yet? I'd be curious to know if he plans to bring his dials back into production. I really like his flag dials.

Personal logo Waco Joe Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member21 Dec 2011 8:25 p.m. PST

His site appears to have been hacked.

Bandolier Supporting Member of TMP21 Dec 2011 9:49 p.m. PST

Hacked big time.
Strange site to target – never understood the hacking thing anyway.

ghost02 Inactive Member21 Dec 2011 10:56 p.m. PST

Wow I feel very bad for the guy. Not what he needs!

MichaelCollinsHimself Supporting Member of TMP22 Dec 2011 12:53 a.m. PST

Yes, hacked… what`s that all about?

Maxshadow Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member22 Dec 2011 4:58 a.m. PST

I give up.
Whats a dial?
Is it a spinning die?
Max

MichaelCollinsHimself Supporting Member of TMP22 Dec 2011 5:40 a.m. PST

Max, there are some similar products at:

TMP link

Maxshadow Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member22 Dec 2011 6:21 a.m. PST

Hey what a great idea for casualty markers!
Thanks Michael.
Max

MichaelCollinsHimself Supporting Member of TMP22 Dec 2011 7:31 a.m. PST

Yes a good idea Max…
I was looking for a friend who maybe needs something like that to fit to his bases rather than handle the figures too much when taking off casualties.

Phil Dutre12 Jan 2012 4:28 a.m. PST

Just checked his site, and it seems he's back online.

There's an explanation of what happened on the frontpage.

the-d-d.net

cwbuff12 Jan 2012 6:23 a.m. PST

Glad he is back.

dmebust Supporting Member of TMP18 Jan 2012 7:27 p.m. PST

Not much on it though, all products seems to be a single item?

Alan Charlesworth Inactive Member19 Jan 2012 6:02 a.m. PST

I ordered a fair quantity of these on the 31st December 2011. They arrived here in the UK within a few days. I had several e-mails acknowledging receipt of the order and then confirming dispatch.

The service I had was faultless and the product is excellent quality and value for money.

The Dial Dude Inactive Member20 Jan 2012 8:17 p.m. PST

Hi all,

Yes, I am back, finally. Was in a VERY bad place in my life for a while there and things got to a point where I didn't care about me anymore. Almost to a very bad ending honestly, but things have turned and now life is good and back on track.

Right now there are two products listed (both of which always sell the day I list them). I am working on several more projects and should have the prototypes in my hands shortly.

These include a new round dial (by request), 2 Flames of War compatiable dials, and I just started working a Hail Ceasar dial as well. More projects on the plate include dials for the systems of Guns at Gettysburg (including all for that 'system'), and Starfleet Battles.

If there is something that you would like to see, contact me. I have recently been told 'I have to much time on my hands' because of some of unique designs that I have shown to some for Flames of War.

Thanks all,
Steve

VonBurge31 Jan 2012 10:38 a.m. PST

Welcome back Steve! Now get to work!!! ;)

The Dial Dude Inactive Member31 Jan 2012 3:45 p.m. PST

Working sir, working! =) should have new prototypes tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. Looking forward to these.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.