Help support TMP

"Battle of Iuka" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the ACW Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

867 hits since 24 Jun 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

scomac24 Jun 2011 3:19 p.m. PST

We played through the battle using Regimental Fire and Fury, and it was one of the better games we've had.

link

Big Red Supporting Member of TMP24 Jun 2011 3:47 p.m. PST

Scott,

Great AAR. Thanks for sharing and I hope your leg has fully healed.

Bill.

Personal logo Der Alte Fritz Sponsoring Member of TMP24 Jun 2011 7:45 p.m. PST

Nice AAR. Made me get out my Cozzens book on Iuka for a quick read. My only comment is that you need more trees on the table. It does look like a good scenario.

CATenWolde25 Jun 2011 2:02 a.m. PST

Nice! We'll be playing Iuka next year as we crank through the 150th anniversary battles.

I echo your thoughts on the new F&F rules being better than the old, and in fact we'll be adapting them for brigade-level play for First Bull Run later in the summer. There has already been some (brief) discussion of this on the RF&F forum.

Cheers,

Christopher

Fat Wally26 Jun 2011 11:38 a.m. PST

We've played this scenario at least three times, though using TFL 'They Couldn't Hit an Elephant'. It is a cracking game.

yarr6826 Jun 2011 12:34 p.m. PST

Great batrep, I don't know much about the battle like you said. I'll have to do a little reading. Nice one!!
Ray

Personal logo ColCampbell Supporting Member of TMP26 Jun 2011 4:23 p.m. PST

Nice battle report. I have an interest in this battle as my great-grandfather and several of his brothers were there with the 36th Mississippi Infantry.

Jim

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.