Help support TMP

"Buildings" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Mordheim Message Board

866 hits since 22 Jun 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Thomas Whitten22 Jun 2011 12:06 p.m. PST

What do people use for buildings?

I ended up getting a large amount of the card stock ones from people who just wanted the figures. I built one of each of the original buildings and then went crazy combining stuff. Everything is based and textured. Plus I added bits of balsa wood as boards, planks, and platforms.

Additionally, I have one Flying Tricycle building (wish I got more), plus a bunch of scratch built filler stuff – gallows, signs, wells, piles of rubble and sundries.

Eventually, I want to get away from the cardstock buildings. This is mainly because those buildings are getting to worn out. I prefer when the figures and buildings are both painted, for me they go together better.

Jovian1 Inactive Member22 Jun 2011 12:17 p.m. PST

I use a combination of both – and will have to put together quite a bit if we do have a Mordheim campaign starting in July!

leidang Supporting Member of TMP22 Jun 2011 12:18 p.m. PST

Miniature building authority. Pricey but pre-painted and very nice. A great terrain investment.

The new blue moon transylvania range would also be good for mordhiem.

Toaster22 Jun 2011 12:36 p.m. PST

link
Is the place you want, it would be very easy to make my fantasy buildings in a distressed state. I need to do this myself as my old cardboard (scratch built) Mordhiem buildings are starting to show a lot of wear.

Robert

SeattleGamer22 Jun 2011 3:45 p.m. PST

Just posted this on another thread …

For terrain, I can recommend some ruined cardstock buildings from Dave Graffam. His ruined bundle is currently on sale:

link

You get a LOT of buildings you can custom tailor (layered PDFs) so no two buildings will look alike. And you can print and build as many as you wish. Not a bad deal.

Neotacha Inactive Member05 Jul 2011 8:58 a.m. PST

We use MBA, the cardstock buildings that came with Mordheim & the expansion, the old foam thingies that GW released for the various races, Hudson & Allen, Flying Tricycle (Terror tower and the Ruined bridgehouse), whatever we have, really.

Personal logo Doctor X Supporting Member of TMP06 Jul 2011 9:56 p.m. PST

I have a severe amount of MBA buildings as well as a few others I have picked up along the way. All of them have removeable roofs. In a few cases I had to do some very careful sawing to make that happen.

I would guess I have something along the lines of 70+ buildings as well as enough walls and towers to make a decent castle or fortress (with a huge keep).

Also have darn near every cemetery "thing" every made. Big enough to fill about 20 square feet.

I have enough canal, river, bridge, and ramp pieces to do a very expansive waterfront area complete with about a dozen wharves and piers.

Probably the piece I am most proud of is the huge ruined church I built using a few dozen pieces from the old Armorcast range. I think the building itself is something like 20"x30" if I recall.

My entire table is covered in hand casted cobblestone brick on 3'x4' wainscoting panels. This really makes the city look sharp.

Sprinkle in a few drawers full of various fences, walls, barrels, boxes, barricades and I can fill my 6'x12' table quite full.

As I mentioned I wish I had a better camera and a heck of a lot more time to document my Mordheim games and projects.

mweaver Inactive Member31 Jul 2011 7:46 a.m. PST

To really crowd the table, I do throw a lot of MBA buildings onto it, with their roofs off. Not really ruined of course, so aesthetically they aren't ideal but they are nice sturdy buildings.

The MBA ruined farmhouse, while pricey, is an awesome building for Mordheim.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.