Help support TMP

"Wings of War - Arizona style!" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Solo Wargamers Message Board

Back to the Early 20th Century Battle Reports Message Board

788 hits since 22 May 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo herkybird Supporting Member of TMP22 May 2011 9:03 a.m. PST

I have put a BatRep on my blog detailing a game of Wings of War we did using Shaun Mather's (Psychozulu) variant of my solo system

If you want to see it, (or just like lots of pics of biplanes!) please go to: link

Hope you enjoy!

HardRock22 May 2011 9:52 p.m. PST

Hey Herkybird, where are you?

Down here in Tucson we are playing right now.

Norman D Landings23 May 2011 2:45 a.m. PST

Humbug! I missed this week's exciting episode!

Shane's rules look like they produce results centred around 'evasive action'.

But that makes sense, and seeming to make sense is always a good indicator that solo rules are hitting the right note.

P.S. I'm up for a trip to Arizona if you are!

Old Slow Trot23 May 2011 6:51 a.m. PST

Looks great,Herk.

diceslinger Inactive Member23 May 2011 7:19 a.m. PST

Hey, thanks for posting this. My WOW planes have been gathering a bit of dust as everyone is busy, but I'll have to dust them off for a solo game or two. Thr rules for it look interesting!

Personal logo herkybird Supporting Member of TMP23 May 2011 11:24 a.m. PST

Hiya Hardrock!

I am in Northumberland in England. Border Reivers territory!
15 miles north of Newcastle upon Tyne.

If you want I can send the Shaun variants for 5 aircraft types if you e-mail me at richardbradley5@gmail.com my solo rules, the original ones are at:
link

..as mentioned in the blog. Shauns should be there soon too!

HardRock24 May 2011 2:22 a.m. PST

Hey Herkybird,
I assumed you were in Arizona, my bad, no problem. Always looking for more players to get into the game. Most games average from 5 to 8 players, we meet every Wednesday night and two Sundays a month at our LGS, Hat's Games. Also in contact with the group up in Phoenix.

If you ever get out this way, drop in and play, we'll do the same.

HardRock/Henry

Personal logo herkybird Supporting Member of TMP24 May 2011 11:34 a.m. PST

No Bad! I mislead you with my 'Arizona style' title, It of course only referred to Shaun Mather from Yuma, who did the version of the solo rules we used in the game!

Enjoy your WofW-ing! and there was me thinking all you Arizonans did ACW and Wild West gaming!!!! (LOL!) :-)

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.