Help support TMP

"Where can you buy Musket Paint?" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Modern Painting Guides Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Painting Guides Message Board

Back to the Ancients Painting Guides Message Board

Back to the ACW Painting Guides Message Board

1,186 hits since 8 Feb 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

reeves lk08 Feb 2011 2:48 p.m. PST

I went to the web site and it said discontiuned. Can you buy it anywhee else?

Personal logo RavenscraftCybernetics Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2011 3:35 p.m. PST

Its right next the DF bearings and elbow grease.

Sterling Moose Inactive Member08 Feb 2011 4:04 p.m. PST

You can't beat tartan paint.

Dennis Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2011 4:30 p.m. PST

Larry-…..If you mean the paint formerly sold as Musket Miniatures Model Paint-I'm sorry, but it was discontinued years ago-long enough in the past that I'm reasonably sure that no one has any old stock left. Too bad really, as I really liked the paint myself and I've just about used up all I have left.

Dennis

musket1 Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2011 5:05 p.m. PST

Yes, the paint was discontinued several years ago. I had formulated all the colors and they were very well received (the Smithsonian reported that our U.S. Mexican-American uniform color was 96.4% accurate based on spectrographic analysis). However, since we were making all the paint in our shop it started taking up too much of our time at the expense of the miniature manufacturing. I never intended to become a full-time paint manufacturer and decided to discontinue the paint. We are now a full-time miniature manufacturer (22mm and 15mm ACW, 15mm Mexican-American War and American Revolution) and are much happier! On a sadder note, we have had to discontinue carrying Minifigs and Aim figures due to the problems at GFI. Check out our website: musketminiatures.com.

Jim McCarron, Musket Miniatures

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP08 Feb 2011 7:38 p.m. PST

That's too bad. You had some really neat colors at an affordable price.

reeves lk09 Feb 2011 7:16 a.m. PST

I am disapointed but thanks!

Hauptmann6 Inactive Member09 Feb 2011 7:52 a.m. PST

Me too. I REALLY like the flesh color.

Asterix Supporting Member of TMP28 May 2011 8:33 p.m. PST

I echo the disappointments expressed here and especially the loss of "suntan flesh." It was the best on the market.

(I still have a few bottles of various colors from Musket Miniatures and use them sparingly.)

SDallimore Inactive Member31 May 2011 7:52 p.m. PST

Is there another company in the US that could pick up manufacturing for you? Reaper comes to mind, and their quality is really quite good. Just a thought.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.