Help support TMP

"FAA" Topic

56 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII 20mm Models Review Message Board

3,908 hits since 25 Jan 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Membership System will be closing for maintenance in 10 minutes. Please finish anything that will involve the membership system, including membership changes or posting of messages.

Pages: 1 2 

viking Inactive Member25 Jan 2011 5:52 p.m. PST

It would appear that the FAA line is no more. I check out the site but the figures are no longer listed. I know that with Baxter illness he is not able to cast any more and there is some talk that the molds are no longer what they once were. Whatever the truth of the matter is it is sad to see a great line of figures disappear.

Tarleton26 Jan 2011 12:46 a.m. PST

Are they following Drews Militia and going to steadily disappear?

photocrinch Supporting Member of TMP26 Jan 2011 6:29 a.m. PST

They should be back soon. Be patient grasshopper….

viking Inactive Member26 Jan 2011 9:29 a.m. PST

It would be nice to see FAA back into production.

viking Inactive Member02 Feb 2011 1:35 p.m. PST

It appears that while the site is active again no FAA miniatures are available for sale.

viking Inactive Member04 Feb 2011 7:16 a.m. PST

Current talk is that FAA has been sold to another company.Speculation is that it might be Lost Battalion Games.

Ayatollah Khomeini Inactive Member09 Feb 2011 10:43 a.m. PST

Never heard of them!!

Whoever gets them lets hope they do a better job than the current FAA lot at making them available.

1815Guy Supporting Member of TMP12 Feb 2011 12:17 p.m. PST

I see the driving force behind Britannia has just passed away too. Its a very difficult time for metal 20mm/1/72nd – just as plastics are taking off in a big way too. Finding anything in resin with a photo on the site is near impossible.

viking Inactive Member12 Feb 2011 2:36 p.m. PST

Supposedly Battlefield will be releasing some new figures this year. I also got a chance to look at the Early Wars Miniatures Catalog and the figures look quite impressive. It should allow one to add figures to the Blits French 1940 and BEF lines as well as to RH Models Gelgians and Italians.

Horrocks Inactive Member20 Feb 2011 4:12 p.m. PST

any more news on what is happening with FAA, need some Soviets desperately

viking Inactive Member21 Feb 2011 7:56 a.m. PST

Have yet to hear anything official. There has been no word from Baxter or Lost Battalion Games.

GunnersatArnhem Inactive Member06 Mar 2011 5:18 p.m. PST

any news on this front

viking Inactive Member07 Mar 2011 7:37 a.m. PST

N everything remains silent.

Roger57 Inactive Member11 Mar 2011 6:25 p.m. PST

Baxter said the FAA website would be back up next week. The site has a an under construction notice. I emailed SHQ they are selling but no Home Guard. I found a company that sells Homeguard in Britain but they haven't answered my email. I have FAA for Poland 39, France 40, and Belgium 40. Baxter has Home Guard but he sounded a little cagey even about Essex/Wargames. I don't know how he's doing or what the plan is. I hate ordering from England but But Brookhust stopped carrying SHQ. If Baxter goes, I am screwed royally.

viking Inactive Member12 Mar 2011 2:26 p.m. PST

Try Miniatuemen toy soldier. George is willing to oreder the SHQ figures.
I don't know if the FAAA line will be cast by Baxter. Word was that the line was being sold to someone else.
Early War Miniatures has a very extensive line of figures but no one in the US caries them.

Roger57 Inactive Member12 Mar 2011 6:06 p.m. PST

"Miniaturemen toy soldier" brings up nothing. Sure that's right Viking?

Horrocks Inactive Member12 Mar 2011 10:49 p.m. PST

well the web site said exciting news at Cold wars this weekend, so any ideas what it was

Panzergeil Inactive Member13 Mar 2011 6:31 a.m. PST

Minutemen Toy Soldier

viking Inactive Member13 Mar 2011 11:27 a.m. PST

Thanks for getting the name of George's company right. It must have been that I was tired that I screwed it up.

viking Inactive Member14 Mar 2011 9:46 a.m. PST

Just hear from a friend who was at Cold Wars that FAA has been sold. Its probably why Baxter is redoing the website.

Roger57 Inactive Member14 Mar 2011 1:23 p.m. PST

Well that's it then. Found the Armor at RLBP but it does me no good now.

GunnersatArnhem Inactive Member14 Mar 2011 5:36 p.m. PST

sold to who, website still not working, Bleeped text is going on

viking Inactive Member17 Mar 2011 7:33 a.m. PST

According to what was posted on the Guild Wargames site FAA was sold to Last Battalion Publishing LLC. The new site is suppose to be faaminiatures.com and e-male is salesAfaaminiature.com. The new owner is going through the molds and trying to sort things out. They will be releasing stuff that Baxter never got around to doing. Thehope to have new figures made.
It would seem that the reason for the sale was the fact that as a result of his illness it was no longer considered safee by Baxter for him to be trying to cast figures with 500 degree metal. So far the new website does not function.
I would expect that there should be some further announcements by both Lost Battalion Publishing and Baxter. Baxter will continue to sell the figures once things are set up as a retailer.

Roger57 Inactive Member17 Mar 2011 9:51 a.m. PST

Lost Battalion Miniatures makes Resin(!) 1/35thy scale military miniatures for modelers. Last Batallion Miniatures brings up nothing. Resin casting is not metal casting. Last Battalion could be an English company with no web presence (they sell at conventions and by word of mouth). Does anyone know who they are?

If you were interested in 1/1000 ships you might remember what a disaster it was to sell Houston Ships to Leo Walsh. He was always going to get someone to cast for him. They had to be sold to Great Endervours before they straigtened his mess out. How many Years was that?!!!!!!!!!

"They hope to have new figures made." That makes me suspect that like my brother they have plenty of experience in Resin Casting.

Out to try more research.

Roger57 Inactive Member17 Mar 2011 10:27 a.m. PST

There is a Lost Batallion Games who republished the AH Miniature Rules Napoleon's Battles? No Last Batallion Publishing, Last Battalion Miniatures. Nothing in the TMP directory. Who are these guys or who is this guy?

Major Grubbs Inactive Member18 Mar 2011 4:48 a.m. PST

Perhaps this thread may be of some use?

link

If you aren't a member then it's about time you sign up…

viking Inactive Member18 Mar 2011 6:02 a.m. PST

I would recommend that anyone interest in finding out more do what Major Grubert suggest.
The new company is a division of Lost Battalion games. It is so new that nothing seems to be functioning yet.

Roger57 Inactive Member19 Mar 2011 8:36 a.m. PST

I have no shame, so; I called LBG. LBG has a casting guy working already according to the fellow I talked to. Part of the problem has been the logistics of moving the equipment and from Georgia to Maryland. They hope to have the website up in the next couple of weeks when someone has time to work on it full time.

LBG produces the new edition of Napoleon's Battles (with suppliments now) and hex Wargames, especially one called "Sarge," a one to one game of cardboard and hex variety.

I told the guy about my Houston Ships experience (a year an a half for TCS to fulfill an order! and then it was a mess!) and told him why I was concerned with sales after a transfer of ownership. I think he understood where I was coming from.

I've ordered from Baxter since he got his stock from England. Change disturbs me.

viking Inactive Member19 Mar 2011 1:14 p.m. PST

Roger57 thanks for the update. It is nice to find out something for sure. I would expect that it may be May before everything is up and running. I also find change to be upseting.

Roger57 Inactive Member19 Apr 2011 3:50 p.m. PST

Still Nothing.

spontoon Supporting Member of TMP26 Apr 2011 4:51 p.m. PST

Any news on Britannia?

Horrocks Inactive Member28 Apr 2011 4:45 p.m. PST

re Britannia, the new owner has started moving the 1250 + moulds, however working out what's what may take some time but the figures should be available again fairly quickly

Horrocks Inactive Member11 May 2011 5:37 a.m. PST

so any news on FAA

kduke42 Inactive Member20 May 2011 10:09 a.m. PST

I have been doing some work with Lost Battalion Games and have discussed this situation with them specifically.

They WILL be offering about the full line of FAA miniatures.
They have some in stock already and have the molds and casting equipment setting up.

They are working on making a functioning website at faaminiatures.com

This is a slow process, if only because there are so many different "SKUs" involved in the line.

At first, it will be just set up with the written descriptions. Eventually they want to have photos of all the bits.

They are in some web site struggles right now. The LBG site was rebuilt using a "new" store system that turned out to have hundreds of bugs. That has taken some time to fix but is nearly there, and FAA will get priority shortly.

The company will have a table at Nashcon on Mem. Day weekend and be selling FAA there. They will also be at Historicon and WBC-- probably others but those two are confirmed. They hope to have the web site fully functional by early June. If you just have to have it quickly, I believe they will take 'telephone orders' at 877-423-3704.

I'll see if they will set up a 'notify me when ready' system.

runs with scissors Inactive Member29 May 2011 3:26 p.m. PST

I hope they do the Polish Black Brigade first!

SteveFAA05 Jun 2011 7:51 p.m. PST

LBG is in the midst of an ambitious product release schedule, picking up the FAA line, Publishing Kings and Generals comics, and introducing the Sergeants Miniatures Game based on the FAA figures. We intend to maintain and expand the line of figures, keeping to our "20mm / 20th Century" market position. We do in fact have some website issues to resolve, and hope to get the new site launched shortly.

Come visit us at Historicon!

TunnelRat Supporting Member of TMP20 Jun 2011 8:18 a.m. PST

Any updates on the new FAA store/website?

kduke42 Inactive Member06 Jul 2011 6:32 a.m. PST

No update on the website. They have been entirely focused on producing the Sergeants Miniatures Game (SMG) in time for Historicon, plus filling out some gaps in the FAA inventory.

They will have a large selection of FAA pieces at Historicon, if you'll be in the area, and will be turning to web site work as soon as they get back from that.

By the way, they will be doing demos of SMG throughout the con, both scheduled sessions in the program and impromptu sessions with open tables. Look for folks wearing light green t-shirts with a "hold still" cartoon on the front. SMG is a very distinct new system, unlike anything I've ever seen. It rather combines elements of miniatures, boardgames, and card games, with a lot of "story" value.

SteveFAA01 Aug 2011 3:21 p.m. PST

We have been busy casting, attending shows, and building a brand-new website. We are back online with a Facebook page at link and will have a new site at FAAminiatures.com

BlackWidowPilot Supporting Member of TMP Fezian04 Aug 2011 8:43 p.m. PST

The Causeway? Well, you do have Dutch troops in the line IIRC, and all you need are enough German dismounted cavalrymen to get mowed down trying to assault Fort Kornwerderzand aka The Battle of the Causeway…evil grin

Leland R. Erickson

Beaumap13 Aug 2011 6:24 a.m. PST

Website says – Under Construction, Magic Carpet Marketing

I just had a site done for work – took 48 hours. There are two speeds: real business speed and wargames business speed.

GunnersatArnhem Inactive Member17 Aug 2011 8:10 p.m. PST

so what's the latest with FAA, really want to get some more stuff but they just seem to be hiding, damn shame

Horrocks Inactive Member20 Aug 2011 3:21 p.m. PST

yea I also need some stuff, what's happening

Eller5218 Sep 2011 8:35 a.m. PST

Any more news regarding FAA? Its been a month since the last enquiries on this thread and no response from the new owners. Do they want our business or not?

SteveFAA24 Sep 2011 7:31 a.m. PST

We are alive and well, but have had to put the website work on hold due to some technical issues with the e-commerce software that drives it. Details are in a Publishers Corner post by LBG's Jeff Billings here link
Anyone interested in an electronic catalog can email sales@lostbattalion.com and request one. We are replenishing our inventory, taking photos for the website, and replacing any molds that aren't producing quality figures.
We are possibly having a booth at Fall-in, but I don't have confirmation yet.

Personal logo Doctor X Supporting Member of TMP28 Sep 2011 1:36 p.m. PST

Did anyone get a catalog emailed to them?

I've made multiple requests since August with no luck.

I realize everyone is busy but three clicks to send a catalog….

artbraune29 Sep 2011 8:08 a.m. PST

Doctor X,

It took a couple of emails – but I received a catalog. I can forward it to you. Email me at artbraune (at) gmail.com.

Art

Personal logo Doctor X Supporting Member of TMP29 Sep 2011 10:57 a.m. PST

Art – email sent. Thanks for the help.

Beaumap05 Oct 2011 5:40 a.m. PST

I have a simple rule of thumb. If a wargames supplier has to be chased to even provide a catalogue, then obtaining the product will be a real challenge.

12345678 Inactive Member05 Oct 2011 1:43 p.m. PST

It has to be said that this is not looking good:(. The approach of the new owners hardly generates confidence.

Pages: 1 2