Help support TMP

"28mm Medieval Arab-style minis?" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Collectible Miniatures Games Message Board

1,316 hits since 23 Jan 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

PiemasterXL Inactive Member23 Jan 2011 8:32 p.m. PST

Hello, I'm looking for arab style miniatures around the same size as warhammer fantasy minis? I am aware that warhammer is not true 28mm, but anything that is close would be appreciated!

DeanMoto Inactive Member23 Jan 2011 8:43 p.m. PST

Have you taken a look at Perry Miniatures Crusades range?

mweaver Inactive Member23 Jan 2011 8:47 p.m. PST

Some nice figures there, but in my experience the Perry line's figures are smaller than Warhammer figures, even those sculpted by the Perry Brothers. They are more the size of the GW LotR figures (many of which are also Perry sculpts. I should add I have not seen any of the Perry Crusades line Dean suggests – just some of their ECW, Agincourt to Orleans, and the new plastic WotR figures.

PiemasterXL Inactive Member23 Jan 2011 10:11 p.m. PST

Ok, I'm looking at the foundry minis, and they are very tempting. I'm thinking about buying a 60 figure pack and find a medieval ruleset and just play 30 vs 30. Any suggestions for rules?

Personal logo McWong73 Supporting Member of TMP24 Jan 2011 3:02 a.m. PST

Check the Perry figures first, you won't regret it

Personal logo BrigadeGames Sponsoring Member of TMP24 Jan 2011 10:13 a.m. PST

Artizan -

link

Pauls Bods28 Jan 2011 11:50 a.m. PST

I donīt know if these are what you might be looking for
hat.com/current28.html
The El cid range
Cheers
Paul

Valator06 Feb 2011 5:55 p.m. PST

I can't find the Arabs on the Brigade Games site. This may be due to being drawn like a moth to flame by the Gnome Wars minis.

Does anyone reading this thread have those HaT minis, and if so, do they paint up better than those painted sample pics would suggest?

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.