Help support TMP

"General de Brigade 3 Deluxe Edition Basing / Organization" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Product Reviews Message Board

1,400 hits since 13 Jan 2011
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Correus13 Jan 2011 4:20 p.m. PST

Hello Everyone -

I've been considering purchasing a copy of the General de Brigade 3 Deluxe Edition.

I've also been talking to someone about basing and organization within various rules. GdB came up and I knew nothing about the basing or organization.

Is there a web site out there that has this available? I tried Goggling it but had no luck.

Thanks,
Larry

Personal logo Florida Tory Supporting Member of TMP13 Jan 2011 4:58 p.m. PST

Your Google-fu is weak!

generaldebrigade.blogspot.com

Check out the Frequently Asked Questions.

Rick

Personal logo Extra Crispy Supporting Member of TMP13 Jan 2011 5:02 p.m. PST

The basing is the same as the old game, details here:

link

Cincinnatus Supporting Member of TMP13 Jan 2011 7:45 p.m. PST

Since the original question was answered, I'd like to expand on the info found there and ask – isn't 15mm width per figure too tight?

Correus13 Jan 2011 8:16 p.m. PST

I found the blogspot one not long after posting, but never did see the happymice one.

I now know the ratio and such but what about formations?

"BASE UNIT:

Basic units are battalions for infantry, companies or squadrons for cavalry and batteries for artillery. In addition officer figures are required."

How many stands/bases per unit type info? Still haven't found info on this.

Skatey13 Jan 2011 9:04 p.m. PST

This you will have to buy the book to find out.

Decebalus14 Jan 2011 2:51 a.m. PST

These two information are all you need to know how units in GdB are based.

"Figure/Base Ratio: 1 figure = 20 men"

"25mm Figures
* Infantry: 15mm wide per figure, mounted in two ranks, six or eight figures per base.
* Cavalry: 20mm wide per figure, two or three per base"

NigelM Inactive Member14 Jan 2011 3:03 a.m. PST

GdB does not go in for generic units sizes as per Lasalle for example. Each base in an infantry unit normally represents a company so French units at full strength are 6 bases of 6, Prussians/Russians 4 of 8 Austrians 6 of 8. These can be adjusted to represent campaign strengths. Cavalry squadrons 4/6/8 strong with 2-4 per regiment generally speaking.

1815Guy Supporting Member of TMP14 Jan 2011 11:43 a.m. PST

15mm is 1 cm per figure frontage, based in 4s, 6s or 8s depending on the nationality and how you intend to remove /mark casulaties.

they are nice rules for a divisional level game, but I was a tad disappointed with the paper used – its rather light and thin compared to some other rules Ive bought recently.

Correus14 Jan 2011 6:41 p.m. PST

NigelM – That's what i was needing to know!

Thanks.

Larry

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.