Help support TMP

"British Paratroopers - painted by Warcolours" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Painting Services Message Board

Back to the Painting Message Board

Back to the Italian Wargaming Message Board

Back to the WWII Land Gallery Message Board

718 hits since 28 Dec 2010
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Vanth SpiritWalker Fezian28 Dec 2010 11:39 a.m. PST

As promised, new Bolt Action models: this time for me, to boost! New squad to play Operation Squad WWII. I think that they look quite good for wargamming models

link

Personal logo Dale Hurtt Supporting Member of TMP28 Dec 2010 12:09 p.m. PST

Very nice. I like the guy with the hunting horn/duck call/whatever. Reminds me of Sir Anthony Hopkins in "A Bridge Too Far".

Dale

aercdr Inactive Member28 Dec 2010 8:17 p.m. PST

Your best yet! (IMHO!)

FireZouave29 Dec 2010 1:51 p.m. PST

They look great! And I love how the grass looks on the bases. I can't get my grass to do that. How do you get it to stand up and what kind of glue do you use?

Vanth SpiritWalker Fezian29 Dec 2010 4:11 p.m. PST

I use normal PVA. I just put the grass on top of it, press a bit with the fingers, then turn it upside down and give a good tap to the bottom to shake off the excess.
Dale, I believe that model is actually meant to represent Lt.Col. Frost (the character portayed by Sir Hopkins in "A Bridge Too Far"): he had actually trained his men to recognize and react to hunting signals from his hunting horn.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.