Help support TMP

"Plastics - Perry vs Victrix size comparison" Topic

14 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Product Reviews Message Board

1,861 hits since 7 Dec 2010
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Historicalgamer07 Dec 2010 12:32 p.m. PST

How do the 28mm plastic British Napoleonic infantry compare sizewise in these two lines? Thanks for any help.

Keith

Personal logo Chris Rance Supporting Member of TMP07 Dec 2010 12:47 p.m. PST

Have them both, they work perefectly well together. Some people have made conversions using bits from both manufacturers (Lord Hill? I might not be remembering properly). The biggest difference is not so much in heft as in style, especially in the faces.

headzombie Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Dec 2010 12:49 p.m. PST

For most people they work together fine because they are close in size, for me personally they don't.
Victrix are larger and while I agree that people come in different sizes, their muskets and various backpacks shouldn't.

bombersmoon07 Dec 2010 2:43 p.m. PST

The Victrix figures are slightly larger . I have swapped heads and arm pieces between the two and it works really well.

The Perry pack has lot more options – you can put together grenadiers / light / center…. Waterloo / peninsular companies from the same box. The other plus for the Perry box is a fantastic paint guide.

Victrix – there are separate boxes for flank , center, peninsular, waterloo companies…so you need to decide what you are interested in.

Also, from my point of view the Victix heads have far more character and detail.

My recommendation is go for both ..and mix the two together

Historicalgamer07 Dec 2010 3:12 p.m. PST

Thanks for the info, folks. I believe I will be doing some mixing.

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Dec 2010 3:34 p.m. PST

I don't have any problem mixing them either. I mix them on the same base.

DeanMoto07 Dec 2010 3:36 p.m. PST

The French Infantry are very compatible between the two here's a picture of some Victrix parts (including musket & shako) on some Perrys. I understand the backpacks of the Perry British Infantry are larger than the Victrix one I only have the Victrix British so far so can't be sure. Dean

Historicalgamer08 Dec 2010 8:20 a.m. PST

Thanks again. Especially for the pic Dean. Great stuff.

cracck Inactive Member08 Dec 2010 10:27 a.m. PST

I tried to mix heads and arms and I had no problems. OK there are some slight size issues but not that big. The problem is that the backpacks will never be interchangeable since the Perry packs come with an attached canteen and ammo pouch to the back pack and the canteen and ammo pouch on Victrix models is incorporated with the bodies… still with some cutting and sanding, …?

Camcleod08 Dec 2010 10:36 a.m. PST

Here is a comparison pic of a few figures:

picture

Personal logo Hazkal Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member08 Dec 2010 5:42 p.m. PST

Victrix there are separate boxes for flank , center, peninsular, waterloo companies…so you need to decide what you are interested in.

Just as an aside, the Victrix French box is much more versatile than their British. You can make fusiliers, voltigeurs and grenadiers in a range of headgear, and of course there are lots of interesting variations on the standard blue coat.

Polkovnik Inactive Member09 Dec 2010 12:58 p.m. PST

I think they mix together very well.

Couple of pic:

picture

picture

Lord Hill14 Dec 2010 3:39 a.m. PST
TheQuestioner Inactive Member26 Dec 2010 12:54 p.m. PST

Has anyone tried conversions with Hat 28mm? Maybe in a year or so I'll post pictures myself (I'm becoming a big fan of Hat just because nobody seems to notice they exist at all!)

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.