Help support TMP

"Romanian Decals?" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Aviation Painting Guides Message Board

Back to the WWII Microscale Models Review Message Board

743 hits since 12 Sep 2010
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

tuscaloosa12 Sep 2010 9:30 a.m. PST

I'm looking for 15mm decals of the yellow Romanian cross for aircraft insignia for 1/144 aircraft (bombers specifically).

I have the True North decals, which worked fine for fighter aircraft, but are too small for multi-engine aircraft. I have the Pithead decal sheet, which is fine for vehicles, but too small for big aircraft. Any other possiblities out there?

miscmini Supporting Member of TMP Fezian12 Sep 2010 9:38 a.m. PST

Check with Dave at Armaments in Miniature. He carries some Romanian decals for 1/100 scale aircraft.

The listings are towards the bottom of the page at: link

Kevin

Sundance Supporting Member of TMP12 Sep 2010 9:49 a.m. PST

I would say I-94 Enterprises, but I don't think Dave at I-94 that is) has sheets for multi-engine a/c even if he had them in 1/100 for fighters.

highlandcatfrog Inactive Member12 Sep 2010 9:57 a.m. PST

Here's the page from I-94's site showing the scan of his 1/144 Romanian markings:

picture

But as Sundance says, I don't know if they're large enough for your needs.

tuscaloosa12 Sep 2010 9:58 a.m. PST

Thanks, very helpful.

Pajaro Muerto21 Sep 2010 9:38 a.m. PST

I think 1/144 Romanian crosses don't exist in the wargaming world. You can try squadron.com to check the aircraft modelling decals…

Domsdecals.com have the crosses you want, very well made, but in 1/300:

link

You can use the 48" versions as 24" crosses on your bombers, but I'm sure that would be too small :(

Rolando

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.