Help support TMP

"1870 War French zouaves painted" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Italian Wargaming Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Gallery Message Board

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

953 hits since 21 Aug 2010
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

kehanubaal21 Aug 2010 5:36 p.m. PST

Hi all, I finally (almost) finished two 12 men units of French zouaves, part of asmall army I am going to have on auction in the next few weeks.
This is the link Click on "formati disponibili/formato originale/visualizza formato originale" for the big size file.

I would like to ask you guys what you think about them and what you honestly think would be a fair price for each unit. Each unit will have a round "prone counter" and a square casualty marker, marked "Un, Deux, Tois, Quatre" on its sides. The minis are based on Gale Force 9 magnetic 20x20mm square bases and will come with the magnetic sheet for the buyer to cut.
The miniatures are painted with no drybrus or inks, only layering and blending. They will have a protective coating.

Please let me know what you think.
Ciao, Vezio

PraetorianHistorian Inactive Member21 Aug 2010 6:23 p.m. PST

Very nice! Too bad they are based already or I might have been interested. Great painting though.

kehanubaal21 Aug 2010 7:07 p.m. PST

Thank you. And, of course, the real thing looks better than the picture. ;)

I based them on 20mm square magnetic bases so that anybody can easily make three or four man stands sticking some steel sheet on a piece plastic or wood of the desired size. I can prepare them, if needed… also, if you want to rebase them, it won't be hard to take them off the GF9 bases. It might just take some patience and care.

fitterpete Inactive Member21 Aug 2010 8:40 p.m. PST

May I ask who the manufacturer of the miniatures is?

Perris070721 Aug 2010 8:50 p.m. PST

Great painting! The figures are Wargames Foundry by the Perry brothers.

kehanubaal22 Aug 2010 6:39 a.m. PST

Yes, Foundry.
With those two units will be 4 12 men infantry units with prone and casualty markers. I painted these miniatures a while ago and I am cleaning the paint job now.

docdennis1968 Inactive Member22 Aug 2010 7:05 a.m. PST

I have sold many FPW French and Germans on Ebay, and my work was good, but not as good as yours!! I was able to get around $4.00 USD a casting easy, but yours could get more.

I would list them for $five minimum, and if you are lucky they will be bid up a bit! These are niche period castings so there will not likely be a whole lot of bidders, just a few serious ones! Good luck!

kehanubaal24 Aug 2010 4:00 p.m. PST

Thank you all.
It is not that encouraging. They are good miniatures and I spent quite some time on them, but it would be a shame to let them age in the barracks, they ache for a fight :D
I'll try anyway

Rob UK Inactive Member25 Aug 2010 4:40 p.m. PST

Very nicely done

hussarbob1746.webs.com

kehanubaal26 Aug 2010 8:33 a.m. PST

Rob, your miniatures are amazing.

SgtGuinness03 Sep 2010 6:56 a.m. PST

Great paint jobs! How much do you want for them?
Cheers,
JB
jbaumal@yahoo.com

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.