Help support TMP

"Pics from my last two WH40K games" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Italian Wargaming Message Board

Back to the SF Gallery Message Board

546 hits since 19 Aug 2010
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

kehanubaal19 Aug 2010 6:12 a.m. PST

Hi all,
I recently played a couple of 40K games. First time in decades. I always collected and painted, I even translated the 1st italian edition of the game, but I never really played the game a lot. I was more into the Fantasy and when I came back to Rome, none of my friends wanted to give it a try (I guess mainly because of the many prejudices about the game).
I finally convinced them and I have to tell you, we played two small medium sized games, not many wehicles or characters to try to (re)learn the game, boy I had a lot of fun. I hope my friends will play it again… also because I still love the minis ;)
I hope you like the pictures.
link

If you want, you can also see them in larger format clicking on "Formati Disponibili".
Here you will find other galleries with all the pics of our latest games (ACW, FOW, Warmaster etc.) fotoalbum.virgilio.it/vezio
Let me know what you think.

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP19 Aug 2010 6:23 a.m. PST

Looks like a fun game, lots of nicely painted figures and great terrain.

whill419 Aug 2010 6:46 a.m. PST

Nice figures and nice terrain. Is this part of a club or at someones home?

Personal logo richarDISNEY of the RDGC Supporting Member of TMP19 Aug 2010 6:50 a.m. PST

Nice to see someone (other than me, of course…) still using GeoHexes!
Great looking game!
beer

kehanubaal19 Aug 2010 6:51 a.m. PST

It is at my place. I painted and bought most of the stuff. Apart from the white Space Marines.
Glad you like it. :D

kehanubaal19 Aug 2010 6:53 a.m. PST

I invested quite a lot of money on Geo Hex at the time (I think right before they went out of business), so I still use them when I can. They still look good.

kehanubaal19 Aug 2010 8:13 a.m. PST

Do you like the logo on the Falcon and the star on the blue and white assault Space Marines? I was thinking to name the Chapter Star Legion… or should I stick to the classic Errant Marines? Not that it matters, but some story and chrome helps and I was wondering what you guys and girls out there think.

thabear19 Aug 2010 4:07 p.m. PST

I really like your table layout , very evocative and 3-d . I'm not a 40K player but i usually see games where the table is so flat and boring.
I was about to ask you how the Marines had been painted , they look spectacular but then i saw you didnt paint them .
I'm hazarding a guess that they are spray painted a bone colour and given a wash maybe ?

cheers Tom

kehanubaal19 Aug 2010 4:28 p.m. PST

yes Tom, the white marines look great and are painted like you say, more or less… maybe a light white drybrush. The blue and white (if you check the last pictures), on the other hand are old marines painted (by myself) with no drybrush and inks, only layering and blending, like the Eldar. The blue and white assault squad is the last I painted.

I think 40k cries for a lot of terrain, unless you play with a lot of tanks

thabear19 Aug 2010 7:57 p.m. PST

ahhh thankyou , i'll go back and have another look .
Yes it does seem to need terrain for a more detailed game , then again i know nothing of 40k itself .
I have played The Great War rules ( apparently its exactly the same mechanics as 40K ) for WW1 and unless you wanted to repeatedly all your lose men crossing no mans land as you exited your trenches we found that a more enjoyable game was had with using lots of terrian for cover .

cheers Tom

kehanubaal20 Aug 2010 5:18 p.m. PST

well, in 40K there are armours that grant a save, but with a lot of terrain I think it is more fun, expecially because you try to capture terrain and leap from one cover to another, or you tend to become cautious and want to stay behind your wall.
In my last game it was nice when I had to advance with the Striking Skorpions (hand to hand equipped assault troops)toward the objective location and then assault in the open agains a full squad of entrenched marines. I pulled some other infantry in the open and a tank as a diversion to try to attract the enemy fire… I thought it wouldn't work. It was exciting.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.