Help support TMP

"Lifecolor" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Aviation Painting Guides Message Board

Back to the 18th Century Painting Guides Message Board

Back to the Modern Naval Discussion Message Board

Back to the Early 20th Century Painting Guides Message Board

Back to the WWII Painting Guides Message Board

1,119 hits since 20 Jul 2010
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

DanLewisTN Inactive Member20 Jul 2010 7:08 p.m. PST

Any US/CN sellers of lifecolor paints besides pacific coast models (doesnt' carry full range) or Tankrats (be nice if I could find a lower price)? Need individual bottles, not sets so much. And it needs to include the full UA range up past 400. Looks to me like not widely distributed here.

Marc33594 Supporting Member of TMP21 Jul 2010 3:44 a.m. PST

Great Models out of Utah carries them, good company to deal with.
link

Personal logo Striker Supporting Member of TMP21 Jul 2010 5:23 a.m. PST

If it's Great Models Webstore check if they are in stock. I spent a year waiting (lots of "nope, not in yet. Don't know when") for something to come in and never did, ended up cancelling the order. Lifecolor was something I was going to order from them. Just my experience, fyi.

Marc33594 Supporting Member of TMP21 Jul 2010 2:00 p.m. PST

They usually list if an item is in stock. If in doubt do a search on their site but check the box for only in stock items.

DanLewisTN Inactive Member21 Jul 2010 5:57 p.m. PST

Well they don't have the full UA range. Too bad

DanLewisTN Inactive Member25 Jul 2010 4:47 a.m. PST

The only one that stocks the full rangs of paints is tankratsafvdepot.com

DanLewisTN Inactive Member25 Jul 2010 5:36 p.m. PST

Even they don't have the full range. Tried to order a dozen uniform colors and only got about 4. Of course they stock the set, but invariably I get 6 bottles of stuff when I only need 3 and I'm not into buying sets when I can't get refills. I guess I can buy from England but that's pretty expensive. So I guess Lifcolor isn't going to be an option for me. Too bad. They had some great looking stuff and made it real easy to pick what you need.

Marc33594 Supporting Member of TMP26 Jul 2010 4:23 a.m. PST

Share your frustration. It seems some of the colors in the vehicle sets are only available if you order the set and not sold as singles or at least not widely available. Wonder how many sales they are losing over this policy.

DanLewisTN Inactive Member26 Jul 2010 3:55 p.m. PST

Wow. Is it actually a policy? I just figured that they didn't have everything stocked as individual. I was going to use some of their Italian paint for planes, infantry, and even tanks. Oh well.

DanLewisTN Inactive Member07 Aug 2010 6:45 a.m. PST

I went back a second time and got everything I needed from Tankratsafvdepot.com

So I guess I may be able to order what I need going forward.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.