Help support TMP

"Mini Tanks/Rocco figs" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

754 hits since 4 Jul 2010
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

green beanie04 Jul 2010 10:45 p.m. PST

Back in the day, (1968-1975) I first got into gaming like many folks of my generation by purchasing Airfix figs & Mini Tanks/ Rocco vehicles. I had at the time got some figs from Mini Tanks such as the US Artillery crews, US seated figs, US Combat poses & US Parade figs. I thing I had some UK tank crews & USSR tank crews. I often remember those past times and wondered, did Mini Tanks /Rocco ever do any WW 2 German figs? If so which types for I never came across any myself.

aecurtis Fezian Inactive Member04 Jul 2010 10:53 p.m. PST

Wyatt? You're likely to have more information at your fingertips than I do. I recall that Roco had at least a couple of WWII German infantry sets, but I don't know what's currently available.

Allen

Markup Inactive Member05 Jul 2010 1:41 a.m. PST

These sets are still available, and include a couple of sets of German infantry

link

Top Gun Ace Inactive Member05 Jul 2010 1:43 a.m. PST

You local railroad modeling store should be able to order them, since they are in the model railroading catalog.

I forget the name, but it is a big, phonebook thick publication.

The railroad hobby stores frequently sell the catalogs too, but you can usually just peruse them while at the store and order what you want.

floating white bear05 Jul 2010 4:59 a.m. PST

Walther's is the railroad catalog you are thinking of Top Gun. Not sure if they have much European stuff yet. I think there were a couiple of companies doing Roco clones. Rob.

walthers.com

floating white bear05 Jul 2010 5:03 a.m. PST

Walther's has Roco mini-tanks listed under "Herpa". Rob.

Markup Inactive Member05 Jul 2010 7:51 a.m. PST

I repeat, in case only I can see my previous post (I don't know how the board settings work here). These sets are still available, and include a couple of sets of German infantry

Here is the link again.

link

American company. Prices in dollars.

HTH

green beanie05 Jul 2010 8:32 a.m. PST

Thanks folks. I was taking alittle trip down memory lane there for I have not gamed in that scale from around the mid-70's. I was just wondering if they did German troops when I was though.

Personal logo Mserafin Supporting Member of TMP05 Jul 2010 10:10 a.m. PST

IIRC they did Germans marching with slung rifles, which I found an odd choice. Didn't stop me from buying some and painting them up, though.

John D Salt05 Jul 2010 4:11 p.m. PST

I had sets of both the marching infantry and the seated blokes for sticking in the backs of trucks. These were in hard plastic with separate clear plastic bases, and very nice figures. However, they were sold as "East German Infantry", despite being very obviously WW2 Germans from their helmets and rifles. Similarly-posed companion sets existed for "West German Infantry", obviously modern from the long magazines on their rifles. I always used these as Americans, but the pistol grip on the rifles meant that it could not have been an M-14.

All the best,

John.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.