Help support TMP

"Looking for Playtesters" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Playtest Message Board

583 hits since 19 May 2010
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Johnny Aces19 May 2010 9:18 p.m. PST

CyberSlums: A CyberPunk Fantasy is a 28mm skirmish miniature game set in a Fantasy world that is all grown up. Dwarf Swat teams battle for control against the Elvish Yakuza while Human naturalists summon Earth Elements to battle the creations of Gnome Technowizards. Cybernetics turn your average human into a match for your neighborhood vampire and street drugs like Abracadabra and Hocus Pocus can turn any ganger into a fire-throwing, lightning bolt summoning sorcerer at just the cost of his sanity.

New Evolution Games is looking for playtesters for our new game, CyberSlums. If you are interested, please email newevolutiongames(at)gmail(dot)com. All playtesters will be credited in the released version of the game.

Acharnement19 May 2010 11:53 p.m. PST

Sounds interesting. E-mail sent!

PapaSync20 May 2010 6:01 a.m. PST

This sounds very interesting. Fantasy meets Modern Technology. What would Medieval fantasy look like thousands of years into the future where non-magical people develop technology to compensate for their magical short coming. This might border on the fluff of Shadow-Run maybe(never played it myself)?

This sounds like Fun. I don't have the time to play test it but I'm sure interested to here hows it comes along. Even peruse the rules.

8)

Personal logo richarDISNEY of the RDGC Supporting Member of TMP20 May 2010 7:07 a.m. PST

A Shadowrun skirmish game?

Sign me up!
beer

Johnny Aces20 May 2010 4:28 p.m. PST

Thanks for the interest. We have sent out an initial introduction letter, but are still open for more playtesters.

HostileContact20 May 2010 6:34 p.m. PST

Could you tell us a bit more about the system/idea. I'm an old ShadowRun GM and fan and this sounds like it might be very interesting. But with limited time I'd like to know more before I considered committing. No use in wasting either of our time. :)

HostileContact

Johnny Aces20 May 2010 7:06 p.m. PST

One way we have been describing the setting is Lord of the Rings meets Bladerunner or the Matrix. Although we hate to compare ourselves to other systems, the basic premise is similar to Shadowrun, except we are including some mythological creatures they neglected to include. Dwarf, Elves, Orcs, Gnomes, and Halflings all make appearences in a near future Cyberpunk setting.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.